my experience with propecia dosage

person22

Reaction score
Hi,
ive not posted here in a while but thought I'd update on my propecia journey so hopefully it'll be of use,
im a 30yr old man, my hair loss isn't too bad, the temples started going back in my mid 20s but very slowly, it's when I got to about 29 that I noticed my crown was going so that's when I went from minoxidil to propecia,
because my hair loss wasn't too severe I took 0.25 (1/4 pill daily) for about a year, I had no side affects but it's hard to say if it slowed my loss as it was quite slow anyway, had no sheds or anything,
5 months ago I started taking 0.5 a day instead and now I've noticed small hairs growing, I've been growing my hair long for a couple of years so you really can notice the new ones,
I've not been using minoxidil while on propecia but now I've seen some growth I'm going to kick it up a gear and use it also,
i live in the uk where 3 months of pills is £100 so for me taking half a pill just works for me financially and seems to be working for me,
everyone will respond differently but for me 1/2 pill seems to be working for me,
any questions just ask I'll come back on here for a few more days,
cheers

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the update person22. :)

From what you described about Finasteride, it's nice to know the medicine has been working well for you. As a suggestion to save money on the treatment, I strongly recommend to get a hold of generic Proscar, which are 5 mg tablets of Finasteride. You can take those tablets, cut them into fourths, and take 1.25 mg of Finasteride daily. You'll save money using that method and also get the full benefits of the medication at treating your baldness.

About Minoxidil, I recommend to use it if you have potential for good hair regrowth.

Cheers!

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Glad to hear its going well for you mate. Where do you get your pills from if you don't mind me asking? That seems like a v decent price.

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
ive not posted here in a while but thought I'd update on my propecia journey so hopefully it'll be of use,
im a 30yr old man, my hair loss isn't too bad, the temples started going back in my mid 20s but very slowly, it's when I got to about 29 that I noticed my crown was going so that's when I went from minoxidil to propecia,
because my hair loss wasn't too severe I took 0.25 (1/4 pill daily) for about a year, I had no side affects but it's hard to say if it slowed my loss as it was quite slow anyway, had no sheds or anything,
5 months ago I started taking 0.5 a day instead and now I've noticed small hairs growing, I've been growing my hair long for a couple of years so you really can notice the new ones,
I've not been using minoxidil while on propecia but now I've seen some growth I'm going to kick it up a gear and use it also,
i live in the uk where 3 months of pills is £100 so for me taking half a pill just works for me financially and seems to be working for me,
everyone will respond differently but for me 1/2 pill seems to be working for me,
any questions just ask I'll come back on here for a few more days,
cheers

LOL I get 5mg generic finasteride tablets (Fincar from Cipla) for less than £2 for 10 pills from abroad through visiting friends/relatives (which last 40 days). No wonder everyone says the pharma companies are a big rip off.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to hear its going well for you mate. Where do you get your pills from if you don't mind me asking? That seems like a v decent price.

Its not decent but apparently less expensive than what you get it for. It is available for less than £2 for ten 5mg pills OTC from any pharmacy in India. And its a Cipla brand. I always have someone visiting every few months so I always get it from there. I have no idea but no harm in checking out prices in other places you can arrange access.

person22

Reaction score
Hi, no problem, I live in the uk and get my pills from our biggest national chemist called boots, you have to fill in an online form to be looked at but within a day it's approved and they're sent to you, the more you buy the less they are as well,