My experience with oral minoxidil and some questions

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So after years of tying pretty much all meds, I think I finally found something that works here. Starting October 2021 I started drinking the oral minoxidil, and don't want to jinx myself here, but I think I'm having results, and this is coming from a huge skeptic of hair loss meds. I cannot specifically point to any new hairs that grew or anything, but I have really been impressed with my hair for a few months now and don't really get those "bad hair days" anymore. At the every least I am maintaining ground.

I currently do a small dosage, 5-6 drops (2% minoxidil) once per day except weekends when I go out partying. Also I am on 0.5 dutasteride for a few years now daily except weekends.

My question - I know the minoxidil will stop working after a while, but if I keep increasing the dose when it does, in theory, will I keep getting results?

Also - no side effects to report.

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So after years of tying pretty much all meds, I think I finally found something that works here. Starting October 2021 I started drinking the oral minoxidil, and don't want to jinx myself here, but I think I'm having results, and this is coming from a huge skeptic of hair loss meds. I cannot specifically point to any new hairs that grew or anything, but I have really been impressed with my hair for a few months now and don't really get those "bad hair days" anymore. At the every least I am maintaining ground.

I currently do a small dosage, 5-6 drops (2% minoxidil) once per day except weekends when I go out partying. Also I am on 0.5 dutasteride for a few years now daily except weekends.

My question - I know the minoxidil will stop working after a while, but if I keep increasing the dose when it does, in theory, will I keep getting results?

Also - no side effects to report.
minoxidil will stop working after a while?