My experience with Finpecia

jklish

Reaction score
Just thought I would give my experience on Finpecia. First, I had been taking Merck Propecia for about 15 months when I decided to switch to Finpecia to save a couple bucks. I had good results on Propecia, not only had my hairloss stopped but I my hair had gotten visibly thicker and even had some new growth in the temple area. I could not longer see my scalp when my hair was wet.

Now on to Finpecia. I switched to Finpecia about 4 months ago. Over the past month I have noticed I can now see my scalp again when my hair is wet and my temporal area is starting to slightly recede again. Granted, this could just be a shed (I was lucky enough to not have experienced a shed while on Propecia) but seems like too much of a coincidence to me. My hair is basically back where I started when I initially got on Propecia the first time. I am pissed at myself because I feel like I have lost all the progress I had made over the past year.

To make a long story short, go to a dermatologist, get the proper bloodwork taken, and get the real deal. You may pay more but it will more than make up for it with the peice of mind you are receiving and the assurance you are getting actual finasteride at the correct dosage. You CANNOT trust a drug that comes from India shipped in a little brown envelope, and anyone who does is being ignorant. You can tell me all you want that Cipla is a respected pharmaceutical company, blah, blah, blah. That may be the case, but just because the package says Cipla on it doesn't even mean its even made by the company. Would you trust your life to a cancer drug manufactured in a borderline 3rd world country? Didn't think so. Not too mention, you do need to have your PSA levels monitored at least once a year as this still is a drug and can have negative effects on your body which should be monitored by a doctor.

I am starting back on real Propecia today and hopefully I can get back to the point I was at prior to going off it. Just to reiterate, I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade and I am sure there are people here that have had results from taking some of these "generics". But in the end, there is a right way to do things and there is a wrong way to do things and I would rather do it the right way. If you truly cannot afford Propecia, then maybe these generics are the only hope you have, but I will never again put my trust in an illegal internet site to provide me with something I am going to put into my body. Hope this post helps some people out in making the right decision.

Citrus

Reaction score
Anyone taking generic finpecia care to comment? I just placed an order for the generic and I hope I didn't make a mistake.

first

Established Member
Reaction score
Citrus said:
Anyone taking generic finpecia care to comment? I just placed an order for the generic and I hope I didn't make a mistake.
Definately works fine for me and the total cost is less than a dollar per month, I have no complains.

Pedro88

Reaction score
Original Propecia for some years and generic finasteride for the last 2/3 years. Same results and low cost

calgary2800

Reaction score
I'm using the generic finasteride made my Cipala. Been using it for 8 months now and the same result as the much more expensive brand propecia.

Epiphany

Reaction score
I think this whole paranoia that Finpecia is inferior just because it's made in India is the ignorance here.

I would trust Indian manufacturers over American manufacturers any day.

Merck are charging for the brand. The west is OBSESSED with brands, and they will pile on the price tag just for this "peace of mind" simply from the various symbols, letters and colours you see on the packaging - pathetic really. Yes, due to the patent laws, Cipla must manufacture Finasteride differently to Merck, but the end result is...FINASTERIDE 1MG!

Cipla are world renound for their anti aids drugs. They are a respected global company. Just because they are based in India means sh*t. Their workers are most likely 10 times more efficient, and quality 10 times more controlled. It's one of the reasons why India is a rising industrial and commercial power while the US sits on its *** importing the cheaper yet better quality foreign goods :whistle:

On a personal note, I've been on Finpecia for just over 11 months and have maintained and thickened. No sheds.

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
i have much better success with propecia, went to fenpecia cause got expensive for 3 mouths and my hair look like sh*t, now back on propecia and things are going back to normal.

Reaction score
I was thinking about starting with Finpecia because of the money, but now im not sure...
Who else has had success from it?
Also, i was wondering if anyone uses Kirkland 5% minoxidil as opposed to regaine/rogaine?
Is there any difference there?
Thanks

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
Is all Finpecia made in India? Also, when will we start seeing a generic version of Propecia in the US? I'd love to just walk over to a local Wal Mart and pick up generic Propecia for $4 every month.

first

Established Member
Reaction score
Packers said:
Is all Finpecia made in India? Also, when will we start seeing a generic version of Propecia in the US? I'd love to just walk over to a local Wal Mart and pick up generic Propecia for $4 every month.
As soon as the patent expires.

Epiphany

Reaction score
weezerboi18 said:
i have much better success with propecia, went to fenpecia cause got expensive for 3 mouths and my hair look like s***, now back on propecia and things are going back to normal.

Is Fenpecia the same as Finpecia?

If people are bothered about FDA approval, this link might help: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/c ... INASTERIDE

Finpecia will most likely be joining it too. Go with Dr Reddy's if you're concerned.