My Experience Stopping A Huge Shed With Prp

Rumspringa!

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just answered another users question on another post about stopping my shed and realized i had never shared my experience which may or may not help others going through a shed. This is purely anecdotal and just my experience so don't know if it will work for others aswell. Years ago i went travelling for a year in Asia, i had always been on Dutasteride once daily and minoxidil once daily for years prior to going. On my trip i didnt bother bringing Minoxidil, i didnt want to have to carry all those vials with me, but continued with daily dutasteride. After a few months i started to go through a massive shed. The drain would have what looked like hundreds of hairs in it after i took a shower. I assumed it was due to my hair no longer getting the minoxidil it had gotten dependent on. Being in Asia at the time i didnt have access to the hair loss products i would normally and was freaking out over the amount of hair i was losing. Desperate to try anything i booked a prp session in Bangkok, which actually was quite inexpensive.

I have no clue whether it was the timing or what, but in the span of a day or two i went from shedding massively everytime i ran my fingers through my hair, to not seeing a single hair in the shower. I couldnt believe it.

The only thing i can surmise is maybe prp keeps your hair in its anagen phase that would normally be going into telogen when starting a new hairloss product.

I later suggested my friend start finasteride which he did and reccomended he do a session or two of prp when he started to see if he could avoid the shed associated with starting finasteride.

According to him he never had a shed, and is still currently on finasteride.

If anyone has any questions ill be happy to answer

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Appreciate the info but it was probably coincidental. Nothing stops sheds but time and healthy living. mostly time.