my dad went completely bald

g.i joey

Reaction score
My dad lost his hair above his sideburns. All he has left is the hair around he's huge hole of a vertex lol. Although this got really bad when he hit 60 do you guys think I will definitely follow that extent of male pattern baldness?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
50/50
Im losing, my idiot pops is NW7 (been since 40s) my g-pa was NW7 my brother will have hair forever.

You have to look at both sides of the family

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
My dad lost his hair above his sideburns. All he has left is the hair around he's huge hole of a vertex lol. Although this got really bad when he hit 60 do you guys think I will definitely follow that extent of male pattern baldness?

If you legitimately have male pattern baldness, you could most likely follow that extent of his Androgenetic Alopecia. When you described that he has a huge hole of a vertex, he's probably a NW7.

Is your maternal grandfather bald?

My Maternal Grandfather is actually bald, slick bald with a NW6 pattern.

slipy

Reaction score
The ways of male pattern baldness are really unpredictable. I've read stories ala ''yeah my father (or some other close relative) is bald but it only happened when he already reached middle age. Im not suppossed to be loosing now."

yeah pretty much if you're already loosing earlier than he did, the chances are pretty bleak. the flip side though, now we have at least some options, as imperfect as those are, unlike previous generations. if you're legitemately loosing hair minoxidil alone won't do you much good though.

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
My 2 brothers have norwood 1s and no thinning. Perfect hair. My dad had a mane and my mum had very thick hair. My maternal grandfather went full bald in his 50s but it started happening to me in my twenties.

Life's a b**ch

MoHairMoBetta

Established Member
Reaction score
My dad is 60 and maybe NW2. His father was like NW2.5 when he passed away in his 70s. One of his brothers is about a NW2 but the youngest brother went completely bald in his 20s. If you're lucky you won't but chances are you'll fall victim to the genetics he passed on.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my dad started balding when he was like 35 and 20 years later is still nw3
meanwhile i started at around 17
and I know a bunch of people at 30 yrs old whose dads are cueballs that are still nw1

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
The ways of male pattern baldness are really unpredictable. I've read stories ala ''yeah my father (or some other close relative) is bald but it only happened when he already reached middle age. Im not suppossed to be loosing now."

yeah pretty much if you're already loosing earlier than he did, the chances are pretty bleak. the flip side though, now we have at least some options, as imperfect as those are, unlike previous generations. if you're legitemately loosing hair minoxidil alone won't do you much good though.

The only thing predictable is that you are an ugly c**t. Maybe your mum shoulda got an abortion you dumb c**t

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My brother is a year older then me at 24, he isnt losing anything, Im a Norwood 2-3. My dad went bald on his vertex at 25 but kept the rest of his hair but in his mid 50s is thinning which you would expect at that age. Its very random indeed.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
My 2 brothers have norwood 1s and no thinning. Perfect hair. My dad had a mane and my mum had very thick hair. My maternal grandfather went full bald in his 50s but it started happening to me in my twenties.

Life's a b**ch

Sucks
The worst is when your siblings don't deal with it.
My brother loves to do the "meh I'd just shave my head" yet when I offer to do it for him he shuts up

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
My brother loves to do the "meh I'd just shave my head" yet when I offer to do it for him he shuts up

Take a razor to the head and shave it at least partially. If you do a weird line of shaved hair, he'll be forced to shave all of it, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MobWY_4Sd_8

So he had to do this:

[video=youtube;98d-jHiw6HM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98d-jHiw6HM[/video]

Though, luckily for him, he looks pretty good with a shaved head, lol.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Take a razor to the head and shave it at least partially. If you do a weird line of shaved hair, he'll be forced to shave all of it, like this:

So he had to do this:

After three days hell just have that sexy shaved nw1 hairline that's NOT bald. He'd win either way.
That's why I hate shaving. You could still see how bad my hairline was and how big my forehead is

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
After three days hell just have that sexy shaved nw1 hairline that's NOT bald. He'd win either way.
That's why I hate shaving. You could still see how bad my hairline was and how big my forehead is

It'd give him a SMALL dose of reality. It's deserving though.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
agreed. when your young shaving seems like a good idea, then u shave it 0 blade to hide the recession, then razor it and eventually u figure out that it doesnt hide the recession especially if u have dark hair, and now your stuck having the labourous task of shaving you whole head every morning otherwise the recession is more obvious (its obvious no matter how often you shave it) so then u grow back your hair which is very embarrassing because people see exactly how much you have receded, and then u spend the rest of your life using your bangs to cover up your rapidly receding temples.

sound familar?

and then some piece of **** with full hair comes up and says , 'why dont u just shave it all off man?'

shookwun

Reaction score

So he had to do this:

He's one of the rare few.

Good skull breadth, and features. That, and he has MEGA tier temple points, and a low set hair line.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
agreed. when your young shaving seems like a good idea, then u shave it 0 blade to hide the recession, then razor it and eventually u figure out that it doesnt hide the recession especially if u have dark hair, and now your stuck having the labourous task of shaving you whole head every morning otherwise the recession is more obvious (its obvious no matter how often you shave it) so then u grow back your hair which is very embarrassing because people see exactly how much you have receded, and then u spend the rest of your life using your bangs to cover up your rapidly receding temples.

sound familar?

and then some piece of **** with full hair comes up and says , 'why dont u just shave it all off man?'

Even just clipping with a zero on the buzzers is laborious. Plus I always said it is way more work because everything else needs to be primmed daily.
Dress nice? Oh yeah because guys with hair all dress like slobs....... Bald advice is just the worst.

shookwun

Reaction score
Even just clipping with a zero on the buzzers is laborious. Plus I always said it is way more work because everything else needs to be primmed daily.
Dress nice? Oh yeah because guys with hair all dress like slobs....... Bald advice is just the worst.

the clothes don't make the man it's the man that makes the clothes.

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
the clothes don't make the man it's the man that makes the clothes.

I agree with this, but I think body shape/height is the most important factor. A 5ft2 blob is still going to look awful armani suit or not. A 6ft guy with a decent body and low body fat will always look twenty times better.