My custom hair system from Hairhub finally arrived how it should look.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Back in Nov 2020 I ordered a custom hair system from hair hub.
It took till April 2021 to arrive which was taking the piss. When it arrived in, they tried to charge me more than the agreed total asking price.
Lucky I kept the original invoice receipt.
However it was full of grey/white hairs which I didn't ask for.
So I sent it back again to be sorted and it only arrived back today.
8 months wait that is.

It's a medium light density and hybrid base with french lace centre and front with poly perimeter all around the edge.

However I kicked up a great fuss and managed to get £50 refunded back to me.
It cost £340 total including the remote cut in. So £290 total minus the £50 refund is not bad.

Least I got a hair system again... but won't be going for HairHub again.

I'm going for MG Ford next. And will be light density and a full lace base, this time.

When I'm not tired and depressed, I will put the system on and hope it looks good.
Will post more pics then...

Some pics for now.

Attachments

• E04BCD9B-DC2B-4557-9889-E74CFE0DB2FE.jpeg
    E04BCD9B-DC2B-4557-9889-E74CFE0DB2FE.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 9524EC0A-F92D-4837-AE3F-236371229A89.jpeg
    9524EC0A-F92D-4837-AE3F-236371229A89.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 61
  • A738BFDE-FC29-4334-868A-E0DC8CC996E2.jpeg
    A738BFDE-FC29-4334-868A-E0DC8CC996E2.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 6CBDA51E-4C26-41FE-A72C-D00955600A70.jpeg
    6CBDA51E-4C26-41FE-A72C-D00955600A70.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 61

Jake1979

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Back in Nov 2020 I ordered a custom hair system from hair hub.
It took till April 2021 to arrive which was taking the piss. When it arrived in, they tried to charge me more than the agreed total asking price.
Lucky I kept the original invoice receipt.
However it was full of grey/white hairs which I didn't ask for.
So I sent it back again to be sorted and it only arrived back today.
8 months wait that is.

It's a medium light density and hybrid base with french lace centre and front with poly perimeter all around the edge.

However I kicked up a great fuss and managed to get £50 refunded back to me.
It cost £340 total including the remote cut in. So £290 total minus the £50 refund is not bad.

Least I got a hair system again... but won't be going for HairHub again.

I'm going for MG Ford next. And will be light density and a full lace base, this time.

When I'm not tired and depressed, I will put the system on and hope it looks good.
Will post more pics then...

Some pics for now.
Congrats brother! Glad u finally got your unit, happy for you man :)

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I put it on finally...
I still need less density like a light density when I get another hair system and a professional fade/buzz like my display pic.
This hair system is a medium light density.

But I'm pretty happy with it.

Attachments

• FE2DD9D2-AC77-4F12-B5C3-FC4295B4E805.jpeg
    FE2DD9D2-AC77-4F12-B5C3-FC4295B4E805.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 150
  • EFBE55F9-528B-4C4D-A8D0-40D3D018ED8D.jpeg
    EFBE55F9-528B-4C4D-A8D0-40D3D018ED8D.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 2B5DD53C-6ABD-4EC4-B66F-652B5F267BD2.jpeg
    2B5DD53C-6ABD-4EC4-B66F-652B5F267BD2.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sadly I'm getting quite bad itching problems still,now on the 2nd day.
Used to get terrible itching problems after 4 days in cooler weather with the previous all thin skin base hair system.

Tape I'm currently using is Walker Tape Lace Front, and Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector.

It's mostly itching where the poly edge/tape is. Somewhat itching in the centre where the lace is too.
Not the odd itch, but quite often today it's very itchy on the tape area.

I can use anti dandruff shampoo through the lace part.
However until I can get a full lace base, hopefully I can wear this one for longer.

I need my donor hair to grow out long enough(needs to be at least 1 inch) for a hair sample for MG Ford and rush delivery takes 8 weeks.
So I probably won't have a full lace base hair system till the end of the year.

In the meantime I hope it's mostly just a tape issue with the hybrid system causing me bad itching.
Although I have the dandruff and dry skin issue too.

Probably the Walker Tape Lace Front tape is breaking down in the hot weather + sweat and causing a reaction with my sensitive skin.
I will try Extenda Bond, No Shine,Pro-Flex and other suitable tapes.

Last edited:

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just washed the system with it on my head with the anti dandruff tea tree oil shampoo.
It's stopped the itching in the centre through the lace.
But sadly the itching continues where the poly border and tapes are.

I will have to try other tapes.
I swear Walker Tape Lace Front breaks down way too fast and is causing irritation.
I'm using a scalp protector(Walker Max Hold Sport) too.

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but I see you have a full perimeter and a lace front. How do you find that? I considered it before rather than just my poly horshoe

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but I see you have a full perimeter and a lace front. How do you find that? I considered it before rather than just my poly horshoe
Still a pain in the arse to clean. Took me an hour to get the tape off that had gone to mush.
Was rubbing C22 Solvent on cotton wool on the poly perimeter. When I tried to peel it back it just went to gooey mush.

I can't wait till I get full lace. Spray it through the hair and peel it back.

I won't be using Walker Tape Lace Front again. It caused terrible itching after 3 days and was hell to clean up.
And it breaking down THAT fast is crap too.

Also I will be using backing tape such as Walker Sensi Tak to make cleanup easier on the poly part.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tapes I try instead: Walker Extenda Bond. Walker No Shine, Walker Pro Flex.
And probably others.

I can't use Supertape or Walker Ultra Hold tape as those caused a minor allergic reaction on the patch test.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And I'm starting to feel depressed and worsened anxiety again without my hair system on.
I hope trying other tapes will solve the damn itching problem. If it's the tape causing some of that issue?

Or I might only suit a full lace base if this shitty dandruff and dry skin issue is causing a massive problem.
My skin is both very dry and sometimes oily.

Without a hair system on I get some mild itching occasionally which must be from the dandruff and dry skin issue.
Despite using anti dandruff shampoo every other day.

But with the hair system on I got unbearable frequent itching after 3-4 days. But was much more on the poly area that was taped.
I guess because the poly section can't breathe(sweat and bacteria build up) or be washed with the anti dandruff shampoo, it starts crazy itching.

Hopefully I can find a solution as I would hate it if I couldn't wear a hair system or had to clean up every few days(way too much hassle).
I hope different tape solves my problem or a full lace base with Walker Extenda Bond tape with holes in for extra breathability and able to shampoo that part of my head too.

Downside I will have to wait a few months till my hair is long enough for a hair sample for the custom hair system for MG Ford and then a further 8-10 weeks for rush delivery. Fml

In the meantime I will try different tapes on my current hybrid hair system.
Yes I use a scalp protector(Walker Max Hold Sport) but makes f*** all difference.

Maybe I should try get a full french or Swiss lace stock system from somewhere even LordHair to experiment with in the meantime,to see if it solves my itching problem.
Because if it doesn't I will give up on hair systems sadly and go back to shaving my head.