My cancer experience as a hairdresser

wonderfulwigcompany

My Regimen
Reaction score
Aged 36, I was diagnosed with Invasive Breast Cancer. It was probably the biggest shock of my life. I did not see it coming at all. I was just plodding on with my little life when I got the news.

During my diagnosis I saw lots of women in a similar situation as myself lose their hair and it was devastating for them. The quality of support they were receiving just wasn’t good enough and I knew my 25+ years of being a professional hairdresser could really help.

Part of the reason I fell in love with hairdressing was my ability to make clients look and feel fabulous. I would always spend longer if I had to and stay back to make sure everyone looked great. This just wasn’t the case in the wig industry and people weren’t getting the level of service and support they needed.

I was that determined to change things and that’s why I created the Wonderful Wig Company. I wanted my service to primarily provide the necessary support these people needed but also to make it as normal as just going to the hairdressers. I found that people miss visiting their hairdresser. They missed chatting with your stylist. The experience they were getting was clinical, impersonal and stale and it just didn’t feel right.

Hairdressing is art you see! It’s fresh, it’s modern, it has seasons and it changes along with the catwalk. It really excites me and I wanted the wig industry to reflect this also.

No one ever expects to loose their hair and when they do its usually quite a quick process with little to no time to think about it. I want to provide a turnkey solution which could be tailored to each individual client because the actual wig is only a small part of our service.

With all that said, it is my mission to help as many people as physically possible with their hair loss. Whether it's in person help, online advise or just someone to speak to with experience, I am here and I am here to help.

I am fairly new to this forum so I am not sure on how exactly things work here but please let me know if I can help with anyone struggling with hair loss right now. Drop a comment or contact me directly on my Facebook page (The Wonderful Wig company) and I'll get in touch personally.

Nicola x

besasd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Breast cancer occurs when breast cells, due to a mutation, begin to divide uncontrollably and spread into surrounding tissues.

DanzlCarry

My Regimen
Reaction score
Breast cancer occurs when breast cells, due to a mutation, begin to divide uncontrollably and spread into surrounding tissues.
You might have noticed this from the el4 tumor model, which shows division. These cells form a tumor and can be detected by palpating the breast or on a mammogram (x-ray of the breast). A tumor can form in different breast parts, so a woman may notice other diseases developing from the epithelial cells. It is felt as unusual pain, and we may confuse it with the one we feel after ovulation. There are also less common forms, including non-specific cancers, sarcomas, and breast lymphoma.

Last edited: