My brief experience with finasteride

helix

Reaction score
Thanks too many posters on this website (great information here), I decided to purchase finasteride at in-house and do something to slow down my hair loss. I received my package 8 days later and began taking 0.5 mg's per day.

I was only taking finasteride (no other drugs/vitamins) and in very good shape (no health issues). However, after a couple days I began to notice a mild headache and slight chest pressure/discomfort. After 5 days of this situation, I decided to stop taking finasteride. The chest pain (which I have never had) scared me too much (pain went away after about a week since the last dose). Has anyone had these symptoms just using finasteride?

I guess there are 3 possible reasons for the headaches/chest pain-
1) Body simply does not like finasteride
2) Mind games
3) Bad finasteride

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If it didn't make you feel normal then you made the right choice, but I think you need to take any of this stuff for 6 months before you can see strong results.

cruz

Reaction score
When i started propecia (feb 2005), i also got chest pains and like yourself it scared the sh*t out of me. It did eventually go away after 6 weeks or so, but i was sooo close to giving it up completely.

Its up to you really. You could take a chance and try to ride out the side effects, but if its worrying you too much then you probably made the right decision.

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
If you can't handle .5 you can't take finasteride. Good choice.

There is plenty of other stuff out there so don't be alarmed.