My Biospy Results From My Biopsy Came In.

Davidcr1996

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can i get your guys help? My derm could care less about my hair situation. What does my biopsy say and should i start finasteride?

Attachments

• 783E59C5-DA06-41C5-82E4-B85217D9FD84.jpeg
    783E59C5-DA06-41C5-82E4-B85217D9FD84.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 6988ABBB-4040-4FA8-99CB-A55ADADDB858.jpeg
    6988ABBB-4040-4FA8-99CB-A55ADADDB858.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 203
  • A7F1A3C7-2223-48CE-A1FE-8A33675008AE.jpeg
    A7F1A3C7-2223-48CE-A1FE-8A33675008AE.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 195

Ray Baz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can i get your guys help? My derm could care less about my hair situation. What does my biopsy say and should i start finasteride?

Hi David, Have you got any pictures we can see to make a clear indication on what sort of level your at?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If they observed miniaturisation then it is ΑGΑ period

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It is stating that they think its telogen effluvium. They see some signs of non-scarring androgenic alopecia but to be sure they would need to do a different test.

If you wanna start finasteride i would start with 0.25. Or start with minoxidil.

Davidcr1996

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is stating that they think its telogen effluvium. They see some signs of non-scarring androgenic alopecia but to be sure they would need to do a different test.

If you wanna start finasteride i would start with 0.25. Or start with minoxidil.
Thank you so much, should i get on finasteride just to be on the safe side?

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you so much, should i get on finasteride just to be on the safe side?

Well finasteride changes the androgen receptors. Increased even after stopping. I would try saw palmetto 320mg. Studies show it has effect but doesnt have the same permanent change in androgen receptors.

Davidcr1996

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well finasteride changes the androgen receptors. Increased even after stopping. I would try saw palmetto 320mg. Studies show it has effect but doesnt have the same permanent change in androgen receptors.
What do you mean it changes androgen receptors?

Davidcr1996

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi David, Have you got any pictures we can see to make a clear indication on what sort of level your at?
Hard too see but my hair on the top is all diffused.

Attachments

• C0D84FF6-D519-44CE-97AC-4E2F2D66CE03.jpeg
    C0D84FF6-D519-44CE-97AC-4E2F2D66CE03.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 154

Ivebrussel

My Regimen
Reaction score
you never know how it's going to progress for you, but if it's important to you then you should get a derminator machine and use it weekly to encourage growth without skin tearing, see how it works for you for few months, if you see no progress then look into finastride. minoxidil can cause more sides in my opinion, related to heart, so keep that in mind

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean it changes androgen receptors?

Finasteride, when combined with Letrozole (another anti-androgen), appears to increase androgen receptor activity in the prostate of mice. That’s not necessarily a big deal… But it gets worse: this change in androgen receptor activity doesn’t go away, even after stopping Finasteride + Letrozole treatment.

Why is this a problem? Well, if you get off Finasteride (Propecia), your prostate may have remodeled to have an even higher amount of androgen receptors. DHT has a higher affinity for androgen receptors than many other testosterone derivatives. Because of this, there’s a chance that if you increase your androgen receptors, the more likely DHT will arrive to those sites.

In other words, if your prostate remodels and you get off Finasteride, your prostate is likely going to flood with more DHT than if you never took Finasteride to start.

Source: https://perfecthairhealth.com/natur...nasteride-they-all-cause-sexual-side-effects/

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride, when combined with Letrozole (another anti-androgen), appears to increase androgen receptor activity in the prostate of mice. That’s not necessarily a big deal… But it gets worse: this change in androgen receptor activity doesn’t go away, even after stopping Finasteride + Letrozole treatment.

Why is this a problem? Well, if you get off Finasteride (Propecia), your prostate may have remodeled to have an even higher amount of androgen receptors. DHT has a higher affinity for androgen receptors than many other testosterone derivatives. Because of this, there’s a chance that if you increase your androgen receptors, the more likely DHT will arrive to those sites.

In other words, if your prostate remodels and you get off Finasteride, your prostate is likely going to flood with more DHT than if you never took Finasteride to start.

Source: https://perfecthairhealth.com/natur...nasteride-they-all-cause-sexual-side-effects/
So basically does that mean it would accelerate the process of balding?

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Who the hell gets I letrozole with finasteride, not needed. Ais area not good for your health long term. And mice? Not enough. Most of that doesn't translate to humans. Also the dosages are usually astronomical.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Receptors don’t permanently regulate to be sensitive. The vast majority of people’s receptors will barely regulate at all or all post cancer treatment wouldn’t be effacious.

As for letrozole increasing androgen receptor activity that’s a complete given because E is an antagonist of T and letrozole completely tanks your E .

Ray Baz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard too see but my hair on the top is all diffused.

Hi David,
If i was you id use Blend an onion,ginger and lemon in a blender/juicer and rub the juice in your hair 3 times a week. I sue the same and it works wonders for 1: Stopping the shed and 2: growing back more hair but naturally. People on here seem to get upset me talking about this but all i can say is try it and see for yourself. Thats what i did and it workewd and so have many friends ive told. All of us are prone to male pattern baldness aswell.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So basically does that mean it would accelerate the process of balding?

Well thats what it is saying. But it was done on mice and with something added to finasteride. I just put out the concerns that i think are relevant. Cant be carefull enough with a drug that changes hormones.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
If this is true WHY THE f*** aren’t doctors obligated to tell people that when prescribing.