my BIG Problem: I need help/opinions

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Hi people,

I'm a sad man, and here are my lines, please I'm expecting that people in here share teir thoughts with me, and every word would be grately appreciated.

I started my treatment on the 1st of June (kirkland minoxidil + propecia), three weeks from there i experienced minor shedding that lasted a couple of weeks. 3 months down the line i had some moderate regrowth, due mainly to the kirkland minoxidil i was applying twice daily (too early for propecia to show any effects). All was going well, except the flaking i was experiencing, i therefore wated to switch to Dr Lee's 500 minoxidil. I did that at the 3 month point. 2 weeks after that i started to shed,... but this time the shedding was significant, and until the minute..., i'm closing 5 months treatment, my shed did not stop, did not decrease in intensity. I'm loosing all types of hairs, now for longer than 6 weeks, as a result I'm worse than the base line :cry: :cry: :cry:.

I have no explanation for this long shed. The only thing i chaged was the minoxidil brand. i do not want to think that Dr Lee sent me a non genuine minoxidil, but my desprate situation directs me that way. Could anyone of you help me explain this? could this be a propecia induced shed?? why did it last all this long, and when is this gonna stop, everytime i run my haand through my hair (which i cut now very short, cuz it's at it worse state ever), i get minimum 10 hairs. should i stop my treatment??

Please help me 1. explaining my situation, and 2. any recommendations...

thanks a lot in advance :cry:

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
don't know, but i want to point out that 3 months in NOT too soon to see results from Propecia. In fact, I was only on Propecia and had a good bit of thickening and some regrowth at 2 and a half months.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Its possible the irriration could have been fixed by using Nizoral and keeping the brand name minoxidil.

Dr Lee's minoxidil is good, but it sounds like maybe you are experiencing a shed from stopping minoxidil - maybe Dr Lees one is not penetrating your skin enough????

I would suggest you get back on the brand name minoxidil you knew was working, and add Nizoral to control itching/flaking. See what happens then.

Best of luck mate.