my before and after pictures

TravisC

Reaction score
this was something that i was looking for when i went ahead and did this. i didnt look for very long becasue i found alot of stuff on the internet that seemed good...but i also found alot that seemed like bullshit.

im 26. 5'9" about 140.

i used New-U in rochester ny. and this is the Folligraft system.

at the 3 month mark i will have the next one...where i will have the front hair line brought farther forward. its still back father than i would like....and the front still has some of my own hair still there. but as you can see from the before pictures ....its very very different.

fishyfishy.jpg

my hair the morning before i went
IMG00019-20091023-1034.jpg

IMG00018-20091023-1034.jpg

took a quick picture while the stylist walked out for a min. this is the line where they use a buzzer
IMG00020-20091023-1136.jpg

IMG00023-20091023-1137.jpg

these next 2 were in the car after they finished...the stylist was good at the process...but not really of the whole style part :p

IMG00027-20091023-1256.jpg

IMG00033-20091023-1301.jpg

these are more from that night. i played with and styled it for about 3 hours...here are a few shots from that

IMG00061-20091023-1943.jpg

IMG00083-20091023-2233.jpg

IMG00082-20091023-2229.jpg

IMG00102-20091024-1205.jpg

those pictures are the day of...and the last one is the day after. my system came in 4 weeks early...so my real hair on the sides was not grown in very far for it to be blended totally right...now im at 2 weeks in and it looks totally amazing.

will people notice? that was one of my big questions? and from my experience. yes they will. your close friends will notice. but most of they thought that i dyed my hair and scalp. because they were so used to seeing it all the time. but. i had only told about 3-4 people what i was doing. the ones i didnt tell...did notice....and all of them amazed but couldnt believe i would do such a thing because i am a cheap ***. i dont spend money on anything. i make food for lunch at work and buy large packs of food and freeze it. (yes and im only 26...lol) but couldnt believe i would spend this much money on something.

but...the money...doesnt matter. your self confidence has no price. is has no limit.

down sides.

its slightly ichy. when they tell you you should use a leave in spray conditioner...and and in shower one...do it. you really do need it. i never did anything like that before...and it felt really girly to do that...but it helps sooo much. it takes me like 5 min to style my hair in the morning....but i dont really count that as a down...because...i have hair now to style...so its going to take alittle bit of effort to do it. when i wake up in the morning...it looks like i stuck my finger in a outlet. lol

i think that is a rough idea of my before and after.

after 2 weeks of styling it looks even better. i will get a few pictures up soon with the sides grown in more and it styled better.

MartyKay

Reaction score
Travis: I always encourage newcomers. It takes a lot of courage to do what you did. I think the results are a clear improvement and I'm sure you agree, but I have a couple of suggestions:

If possible, you should attach the system lower - closer to your hairline. When it's attached too far back, you get a wide forehead look. A lot of people think attaching higher up adds to the realsim, but the opposite is true - the system should be attached about 1/4" - 1/2" above your natural hairline. And where is your natural hairline? Most people recommend using the 3 or 4 finger method, but that is very inaccurate. The only way to locate your original hairline accurately is to raise your eyebrows, as though you are surprised. The point where the wrinkles in the skin (forehead) end and smooth skin begins (scalp) is your natural hairline.

If your base isn't deep enough to do this, just keep it in mind when you place your next order and either make a new template or ask for the base to be a bit deeper.

Density/blending. The blend between your bio hair and your system could be better. The problem may be that when it was cut, the hair wasn't blended as well as it could be. It could also be that it will look better if you grow your sides a bit longer. The other possibility is density. It's hard to tell from the pics, but I think you might want to back off on the density next time - by about 10%. When I looked at the pic of the back of your head, the density looked pretty high.

There is a learning curve regarding hair systems. Over time, you'll tweak it a bit here and there until you get the perfect specs. Again, it looks very good, but I know it can look even better!

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the hair density is right on, but the hairline should be a lot more forward,you got the looks of a 20 year old and you should enjoy a better hairline than what you got right now.

Nene

Reaction score
I agree with everyone. Looks good but if you're going to wear a piece, might as well make it look like you have a full head of hair! Why wear one and still like you have lost a lot of hair?

nixx100

Reaction score
I agree ... lower hairline and grow your sides more .. it will look GRAIT and undetectable ... if you want to check undetectabilty you shold try with new people and not with one who alredy know you before ... sorry for english

Normal hairline - real
too low or to high hairline - not real or goffy

CCS

Reaction score
You can bring the hairline forwards about 1 inch before you'd have to ad temple flaps to bring the hairline even furhter forwards.

There are two reasons he did not come all the way forwards yet:
1. He wants a gradual change. Thicker hair is much more believable than lower hair.
2. He made use of the thin hairs in front, so that people looking for a piece would look at those first and think they look natural.

But remember:
Fact: Most hair wearers do not use temple flaps. They keep a high hair line, or they lower it so much that they have a wide forhead with no temples. If you can master temple flaps, no one who is used to spotting pieces will suspect you , unless they are used to spotting full caps.

The problem with temple flaps though is they are down where everyone can look, so you really have to blend well. I ordered a piece with temple flaps, and cool piece could not follow simple instructions. They completely botched the entire piece, which is why I'll never buy from them again. I even took many pictures, posted them on this site, and got the agreement of many people here that they messed up. But the owner still would not redo it.

Where did you buy yours from? Looks like they did a good job.

believe

Reaction score
Yeah the forehead looks big and you look so young and fresh.
Try to put it lower and show to us!