My appointment with Dr Ray Woods

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Last week I had an appointment with Dr Ray Woods, inventor of the Woods Technique. I wanted to get his opinion on my situation and his advice on any future treatments.

Unfortunately he wasn't overly helpful. He told me that I was crazy for thinking I have a hairloss issue and I should stop using Finasteride and Rogaine. He does not think I am suffering from Alopecia.

I thought this diagnoses was a bit rushed. He would only speak to me for 5mins and asked me no questions about my peronsal history or family history.

Very disappointing. Has anyone had a similar experience?

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Seeing your pictures, if i was doctor Wood, i would say something similar. I wouldnt advise you to stop treatments. You are doing the right thing, you caught it early. But remember that he deals with desperate nw5-6s every day so to him, you look like the hair master:p

CCS

Reaction score
If you are NW1, just use propecia and nizoral, and get off the minoxidil. Now if you have some thinning that you don't like, minoxidil can take care of it. But minoxidil is just for growth, not maintainance.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
well actually taking finasteride isn't exactly a healthy thing to do. sure you may not feel side effects but alternating hormones in your body is not gonna be healthy.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
blueshard said:
well actually taking finasteride isn't exactly a healthy thing to do. sure you may not feel side effects but alternating hormones in your body is not gonna be healthy.

I'd take the chance to be good looking.