Muscle Milk Light

Obsidian

Reaction score
Anyone ever given this one a go? I was thinking of using it as a meal replacement but other than the usual 'it tastes great!' I haven't heard much about it and effectiveness.

My current exercise schedule is weights MWF for an hour followed by thirty minutes of running on the weekends.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Weird enough, the GNC store here has Muscle Milk cheaper than Optimum. I wonder what gives?

Obsidian

Reaction score
I think it's a mix of whey/casein but yeah they're meant for a meal replacement or before bed. I decided to go with Optimum whey gold standard (double rich chocolate) as it's quite affordable compared to MM.

barcafan

Reaction score
muscle milk is bullshit, dont buy into the hype. It's just clever marketing that fools all the meatheads

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
i thought most protein supplements were bs anyway, unless you're doing some serious serious lifting.

when i was hitting the gym, i just went for the highest % whey protein supplement i could find. i did feel it helped, but maybe it was just a placebo effect.

HotHead

Reaction score
Forget the ready made shakes unless you are in a pinch, because they are all lacking in various types of BCAAs. Ideally, you should be having a post-workout shake that contains whey protein and a fast digesting carb. For this reason, a protein shake of whatever flavour with a banana mixed in is a great first option. You'll have to examine your own workout regime to determine the right balance of nutrients, calories, protein and carb content to suit your needs.

However, as a meal replacement, look for 1% lowfat chocolate milk. Because it possess complex carbs, you'll get a drink that is rich in BCAAs and it's miles cheaper than any fancy labelled stuff. Eat a banana with it or if you need more protein, try a crunchy peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat with sliced bananas to compliment your chocolate milk. Again, the amount of calorie intake, protein, etc. is for you to determine.

Look for Mootopia found at HEB, since it is infused which a higher protein content than regular 1% chocolate milk. Or you can just use the HEB brand 1%. It's tough finding the gallon variety, but half gallons and quarts should be no problem. Besides, it buries the MM in price and taste.

Caesar

Reaction score
Don't shop GNC, hit up bodybuilding dot com, they have crazy low prices. However, shop around as there are much better protein products then Muscle Milk imo, especially if you are looking for meal replacement.
Its all goal dependent as well.

Caesar

Reaction score
HotHead said:
Forget the ready made shakes unless you are in a pinch, because they are all lacking in various types of BCAAs. Ideally, you should be having a post-workout shake that contains whey protein and a fast digesting carb. For this reason, a protein shake of whatever flavour with a banana mixed in is a great first option. You'll have to examine your own workout regime to determine the right balance of nutrients, calories, protein and carb content to suit your needs.

However, as a meal replacement, look for 1% lowfat chocolate milk. Because it possess complex carbs, you'll get a drink that is rich in BCAAs and it's miles cheaper than any fancy labelled stuff. Eat a banana with it or if you need more protein, try a crunchy peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat with sliced bananas to compliment your chocolate milk. Again, the amount of calorie intake, protein, etc. is for you to determine.

Look for Mootopia found at HEB, since it is infused which a higher protein content than regular 1% chocolate milk. Or you can just use the HEB brand 1%. It's tough finding the gallon variety, but half gallons and quarts should be no problem. Besides, it buries the MM in price and taste.

The main three branched chain amino acids are L-leucine, L-isoleucine, and L-valine. They are found in milk, but in much lower quantities then what you would need if you are following a serious lifting routine, which most people aren't. I usually buy a powder containing these three BCAAs and glutamine-akg and take it 30min before lifting, and right after lifting. It really helps with