Muscle mass helps break down DHT?

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
"Skeletal muscle is unique from other androgen dependent tissues in the body. It actually contains little or no 5-AR, so little or no DHT is actually formed in the muscle. In addition to this, any DHT that is formed, or that is already present in the blood and travels to the muscle, is quickly deactivated by an enzyme called 3alpha-hydroxysteroid reductase (3a-HSD).
So at least as far as muscle is concerned, testosterone is the primary active androgen. This is not to say that administering exogenous DHT is not without any anabolic effect. It actually does have some anabolic activity in the muscle, albeit significantly weaker than that of an equal amount of testosterone. This is due to its quick breakdown by 3a-HSD into the weak metabolite 5alpha-androstan-3a, 17b-diol. If this enzyme were somehow blocked, it is likely that DHT would exhibit very potent anabolic effects on muscle.
"

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/reform8.htm

Discuss

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Discuss what exactly?

Are you saying working out might lower your DHT?
Are you maybe we should somehow block 3ahsd and hope our muscles use it before it destroys our hair?

Im not quite sure what you want to discuss, the article went through a lot of info.

Are you alluring to DHT not really being that important since its broken down by muscle anyway?

Not being rude but really would like to know what youre looking to talk about.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
It says it in the article though that dht is broken down by muscle.
Unless I missed something which is quite possible

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but you are missing the fact that only a certain amount goes to muscles rest goes other places.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, but you are missing the fact that only a certain amount goes to muscles rest goes other places.

Yes of course it would, it wouldn't just disappear.
Dht is not the problem though. Every guy has dht. It's the fact our hairs are sensitive to it.
We have that lucky gene that makes our hair fall out cause of it

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
man i just wish but that by some blip of fate/destiny male pattern baldness was in vogue and all NW1s would be getting Norwood 3 or above haircuts. LUCKY GENES :sobbing:

drgs

Banned
Reaction score

So, the point is, If I increase my muscle mass, lets say I double it, will more DHT be "absorbed" in muscles?

Come to think of it, the most bald I guys I know are scrawny

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So, the point is, If I increase my muscle mass, lets say I double it, will more DHT be "absorbed" in muscles?

okay, i think it wont matter, because AFAIK dht is produced locally at the tissues. so that would mean that its produced locally in the scalp and even if for arguments sake we presume that more muscles mean less dht,,, that is the serum dht which is being reduced, wouldnt do **** for your hairloss.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score

No
In fact you may produce "SLIGHTLY" more testosterone from working out that would have the possibility to be converted into DHT.
I work out and am pretty much muscle, and it hasnt helped me.
Ive seen TONS of built bald guys. They probably build up to compensate. Saw one this weekend at a fair. Guy was a beast and bald as hell, but shaved. Had a HOT *** wife actually too but then looking a the kids one was completely the wrong color so either it was a family friend or this guy just had to settle for a woman with previous kids. Guy didnt look happy.
Working out is like riding a motorcycle (riders always wave to each other). Builter guys always catch each others eyes and you can just tell what theyre thinking.

Ive come to the realization after my propecia sides that no matter your age in some men DHT is just still an essential thing.
Its not DHT thats the problem but your hair.
The only way to fight baldness is making your hair on top resistant to DHT.
Personally I think this has to be some topical or local application.

Im starting to think all my hair follicles on top should just be coated with tephlon to let the DHT SLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE right off and never be absorbed!

Now let me ask when I first commented I ASKED if that was what you were asking and you didnt answer, you said the topic name was your question, where your topic name is completely a comment not a question at all. Putting a "?" at the end doesnt make it more coherent.... lol, take it from me the KING of incoherence!