MSM

aussiestaceus

Reaction score
Im thinking about adding MSM to my regime. Can you guys give me some reasons for or against it? ALso where is the best place to buy it online?

Thanks for all your help, it is always greatly appreciated.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
I can give you a few reasons not to use it, though I do use it myself.

First it tastes terrible and is not very maskable even in a smoothie. And second, large doses make your sweat smell slightly sulfury. It also can make your stomach a bit queezie if you don't eat.

I buy mine form vitaglo.com along with my other suppliments and protein shakes but I am sure you can find it slightly cheaper elsewhere. I usually add a tsp of powder to a meal replacement shake or OJ or grapefruit juice. I find that it is hardly noticeable in chocolate myoplex, but its taste is detectable in every other concoction I have tried.

mattj

Established Member
Reaction score
It is available in capsules, so taste doesn't have to be an issue.

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
It makes your hair and nails grow faster. It helps joints and tissue to stay healthy. It overcomes the #1 Finstaride side effect. Capsules are best.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how many 1000mg capsules a day are safe ?

im taking 4 right now and its really getting to my stomach

basil_555

Reaction score
3 capsules should be ok.

Hey, goingoinbutnotgone, I'm still interested what did you mean when said that MSM overcomes the #1 Finstaride side effect... Could you explain that please?

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
basil_555 said:
3 capsules should be ok.

Hey, goingoinbutnotgone, I'm still interested what did you mean when said that MSM overcomes the #1 Finstaride side effect... Could you explain that please?

I'm wondering the same...

Britannia

Reaction score
goingoinbutnotgone said:
It makes your hair and nails grow faster. It helps joints and tissue to stay healthy. It overcomes the #1 Finstaride side effect. Capsules are best.

Im not sure exactly which side effect you are referring to (shedding? loss of sex drive? acne?) but MSM will help none.

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
So very sorry, I was referring to L-Arginine. THAT overcomes the "wimpy-limpy" effect of finasteride. It gives a shot of nitric oxide, the main pumpulator of the dickular.

MSM won't help that, but it has so many positive benefits, I cannot think of any reason NOT to use it.

Sublime posted some excellent info about it...check it out.

Visit the website to read more about MSM. As stated before MSM is an all around valuable supplement to add and considering how cheap it is why wouldn't you.

Oh and my eyebrows are growing crazy long and the hair is thick as well. I have actually had to trim them, which was something I did not need to do previously.

MSM Benefits
The benefits of MSM are many and varied. Here is a summary:

Pain

Relieving acute pain in humans.
Relieving muscle and leg cramps.
Relieving post-athletic activity fatigue.
Relieving arthritis and other sources of pain.

Allergies

Reducing the adverse response to inhalant allergies.
Benefits to allergies and other sensitivities.
Providing relief from the symptoms of lung dysfunction.
Benefits to lung tissue.

Hair and Nails

Benefits for scalp and hair. Improved nail growth.
Improved hair and hair growth.
Benefits for cuticles and nails.

Skin

Benefits to skin and internal organs.
Favorable response in treating acne (including grade 4).
Resistance to sun and wind burn.
Accelerated wound healing.
Improvement of adverse/diseased skin conditions.
Treats psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis.
Effectiveness in preserving the pliancy of connective tissue.
Countering cross linking of collagen associated with aging.
Primary and secondary pruritus, acne rosacea and diverse other dermatological problems which are often allergy related respond favorable to a diet supplemented with MSM.

Arthritis

Improved the chemical profile of arthritic patients (e.g. providing relief from pain and stiffness.
Reduced swelling and inflammation, coupled with a return of blood chemistry toward normalcy).
Reducing or eliminating hypersensitivity problems associated with oral medications (such as nonsteroidal antiarthritic agents).

Pain Associated with Systematic Inflammatory Disorders

Individuals presenting signs and symptoms of pain and inflammation associated with various musculoskeletal system disorders reported substantial and long lasting relief while including MSM in their daily diet.
Migraine sufferers have obtained substantial relief with MSM.
Muscle Cramps
Muscle cramps
Muscle spasms
Night leg cramps
Leg and back cramps after long periods of inactivity or in Athletes such as runners who experience cramps during the participation in their sport.

Mental Normalcy

Increased alertness.
Enhanced ability to concentrate.
Reduced mood changes.
Mood elevator.
Particularly very infrequent depression observed that MSM relieved depression within hours rather than days, as had been their prior experience with anti-depression medication.

Digestive Tract

Oral hygiene for mouth and gums.
Relief from chronic constipation.
Improved sense of taste and smell.
Relief from diarrhea.
Controlling and relieving problems associated with gastric hyperacidity and/or epigastric pain.

Parasitic Infections

MSM has an alleviating or curing effect on a variety of parasitic microbial infections. Efficacy Can be determined by invitro testing to determine growth inhibition or killing of the specific Organism by exposure to MSM at various concentrations. MSM has the ability to return the Parasite susceptible tissue to normalcy with no impairment or injury to the host.

General

Maintenance of good health.
Enhancing the immune system.
Benefits for eye inflammation.
Benefits as a food additive.
Benefits as a diet supplement.
Benefits to internal organs.
Reduction in hypertension.
Enhances vitamin C, other antioxidants, and other bioflavonoids.

Britannia

Reaction score
You missed out the "cures cancer" part!