MSM information needed

misterium

Reaction score
Hi,

I hear about MSM helping hair to grow faster..

I take Glucosamine (CosaminDS brand) supplement for my joint health.

Is that the same as MSM ?

If not, where online can I find a good MSM product to purchase ?

Thanks,

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, that's not the same as MSM. MSM is sometimes included in glucosamine-chondroitin capsules, but in small doses, such as 167 mg.

misterium

Reaction score
Okay cool..

What I do take is Glucos/Chon .. so I suppose I need a real MSM supp ?

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I take glucosamine-chondroitin as well, and I take 1000 mg of MSM twice a day. It's available all over the net and probably in any store that sells supplements.

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
i used to take msm..it just made my hair grow faster. it's good if you got a bad haircut or something.. otherwise it's not really worth taking. a lot of people see new hairs and try msm to try to make it grow faster but without other supplements, etc...they'll eventually shed off because they're not strong enough. i needed a haircut every 2 or 3 weeks when i used msm. now i only get a haircut every month since i've stopped

kikoman

Established Member
Reaction score
I've found this site that explains the few different kinds of MSM that are out there. I cannot find that site again. Can somebody post a few links to the stuff they take

G

kikoman said:
I've found this site that explains the few different kinds of MSM that are out there. I cannot find that site again. Can somebody post a few links to the stuff they take

two sorts of MSM, one is petrochemical byproduct, one is derived from tree bark, if possible go for the later, it is said to be more bio-avaliable. Both are commonly avaliable from health food stores.

If you see the Lingusulâ„¢ (am extracting proccess used by various manufacturers) logo on the side of a bottle, that means that brand is using the good 'tree bark derived' MSM.

I use 'Nature's Health'

good luck

misterium

Reaction score
^Cool.. gonna find me some of that..

If it is 1000mg capsules, how many should I take per day do you think ?

G

IwantMyhair said:
^Cool.. gonna find me some of that..

If it is 1000mg capsules, how many should I take per day do you think ?

Up to 6000mg (6 grams) a day, preferably spread through the day.

I get a big jar of MSM powder (not in capsules) mix in a couple of spoons with water and throw it down my neck.

You might want to try orange juice instead as it can taste like horse piss.

Ty

misterium

Reaction score
Whoah 6 grams daily, daaaamn...

Yeah might try some powder if it's more cost effective... 6 grams of capsules daily will make the stuff go fast !

So do you think this stuff actually helps with hair growth ?

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
Some people have asked whether making your hair grow faster could accelerate the male pattern baldness process. Any thoughts on this?

I dont know if it would do that, because MSM is a supplement, not an artificial drug, and it's necessary for hair growth. Maybe since the body typically does not have an abundance of the sulfur compound in MSM, that hair follicles aren't really growing as fast as they should, and that MSM doesn't necessarily acclerate growth, but maximize it?