MSM and Hair Growing more Quickly

RichProducer

Reaction score
How much MSM do I need to take per day to make my hair grow more quickly and just how more quickly does it grow?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Nobody knows because nobody has tested it. You can only know something if its been tested. Otherwise the best you can do is guess. Please read the article we've had at the top of these forums for about a month (just took it down yesterday) regarding MSM and using it as a hair loss supplement here:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/article234.htm

HairLossTalk.com

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
That Dr may doubt that MSM makes the hair grow faster, thats cool, but I know for a fact it makes mine grow faster, shinier, and healtheir over all. My nails grow like crazy and has made them strong as hell.

No proof of MSM being effective against male pattern baldness though, I'll agree there.

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com,

A little curious on the "HairLossTalk.com news section" under effective treatments why you have given the Laser Comb a higher rating than topical spironolactone?

Seems to me topical spironolactone has morre efficacy than this unproven device.
Based on reader feedback from various posters, the laser comb seems less effective than than Saw Palmetto.....

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Good catch. Most likely an oversight. Ill change it pronto because I agree with you.

Re: user feedback ... I think its good for reviews of stereo systems and PDA's but I'd never base effectiveness on it with hair loss treatments. Its a good adjunct to clinical data, but not much more.

HairLossTalk.com

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com,
I had used Xandrox 12.5% AND spironolactone for about a year, got great results.
I got lazy and dropped the spironolactone, and added the 15% Xandrox. Wrong move! Crown started thin out... damnit!

Started back on spironolactone 5% and 12.5% (hairloss pharmacy's verzion, but will go back to Dr Lee's ) Already starting to see the vellous hairs darken again in crown after 2 months.

Moral of story, stay with what works, and for my case spironolactone is very effective when used w/ proscar and X12.5

I am really starting to wonder about all the precipitate in that 15% of Dr Lee's....