Mr C's Story

Mr C

Reaction score
Hello, im yet another new guy to the forum.

Through the ages of 15 to 20 i had a full thick head of hair, it was also long.
I never much was too concerned with my hair as "it was there" after my 21st birthday i noticed my hair was thinning. I didnt mind it much, but my mother started worrying, and started buying all sorts of hair products.
I tried them all, but ultimately, the shampo's and scalp masks didnt work, and in humor i joked that they were probably excellerating the receeding hair line more than anything.
By the age of 25, i just decided to cutt it all short and be done with it. I ride a motorcycle over here in the UK, and even then my hair wasnt a concern.
I tried Regaine (UK mox) for about 3 months, nothing, and figured, owell nevermind. There was some results of fine hairs, but then it was expensive back then and i couldnt afford to buy another from the chemist, and to be honest i felt like an idiot standing there asking a lady about buying it. (Uncomfortable)

Now at the age of 29, i found this forum, and procepia and proscar. After reading everything (as much as) on the forum i decided to go with proscar. 1/4 ed
Its about the second week now, and i have been checking my hair line nearly every second day and can see a swarm of fine thin hairs on my temples and overall top.
My avatar best displayes my baldness at present, i will dig out some photos from my last holiday and post them here.
It was after seeing the holiday photos i thought "Hmm i dont like that" and i didnt realise how far i had gone in losing hair.
I have a girlfriend and a son, im content for the most part ;) and im doing this more for myself, rather than any pressure from anyone, or anything.

As an interest to see if it will work.....so far im plesantly suprised. I will stick with proscar 1/4's to see how far just taking proscar will go.
I am not keen on the idea of overloading my bathroom shelf with other creams and lotions, but i do use a moisterizer on my scalp to keep my scalp in good contidion.

I will update monthly :)
Thanks for reading

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Good that you're starting with such a relaxed approach to this (many don't - myself included).

Just keep popping those fragments of Proscar, it's such an easy way to try to improve your hair, and hopefully you'll get some decent re-growth.

Slarti

Mr C

Reaction score
Im lost in what week i am in now.

I am trying to get a hold of my digital camera, but for life i cant find it.

Today i had a close look at my hair line, and found that i have thousands of small fine hairs (some blonde) coming up and around my receeded areas, also near to the current hair line i am seeing more hair coming through and not just thin small hairs, but good ole black hairs.

I have been watching the progress of the fine blonde hairs that have grown on my orignal hair line, and do see progress of them turning into small dark hairs.
If i have a shower and wash my head (only with water, and sometimes with johnson baby shampoo) after drying they stand out alot more, as they stand on end after using the towel, i can see them more clearly.

The present look on the regrowth, is a complete regrowth area of all reeceded areas :D

For the most part, i am suprised, and happy with whats happening. Im having no side effects that i can say i have noticed. So ...so far so good.

:D