Moving Forward: Buying Blonde French Lace & Dying It To Have Invisible Roots?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any sense in that?

I know it's been said before but what's the process by which these factories color hair? They get dark hair, bleach it & then add color - is that right?

If that's so, what not color yourself? You can be always be consistent in your color choice &, with careful application, maintain invisible knots...

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is frequently done... and given that dark colored lace units are becoming quite rare, not a bad idea.

I would let a professional do the dye job... your home results can be not so good.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
How about on thin skin using a conditioner-based color like Back2Natural? Knots would be light and hair would be dark, but I'm wondering if the poly would get stained?

This seems like the easiest way, on the surface to get a a bleached knot effect w/ ease. Hoping it doesn't stain?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
How about on thin skin using a conditioner-based color like Back2Natural? Knots would be light and hair would be dark, but I'm wondering if the poly would get stained?

This seems like the easiest way, on the surface to get a a bleached knot effect w/ ease. Hoping it doesn't stain?

Back2natural is not a dye.. it won't make the system much darker. On a 1B system with oxidation, it covers the oxidation, but that's about it.

I don't have experience using it on skin.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya, I use the female color as well (Garnier).

I use Bigen conditioner for touch ups. Anyway, does UTS take these colors?