Movies: Characters Afraid Of Balding

KyleTroy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recall quite a bit on TV about funny characters afraid of going bald. George on Seinfeld. etc. Anthony Edwards on ER (his anxiety was never mentioned)
upload_2018-3-20_11-57-33.jpeg

Im wondering why its not used much in movies. Maybe because in tv, the character can be afraid to bald in one episode and then the whole thing is forgotten in the next episode.

And on TV Vincent Kartheisers foray into cueball on MADMEN
article-2598086-1CCA813600000578-478_634x1142.jpg

1. James Bond.-
upload_2018-3-20_11-56-2.jpeg
They gave the dude a caesar cut and as James Bond.....he wasnt permitted to worry about it.

2. Jackie Brown by Tarantino where Robert Forester actually tells Jackie Brown that he had transplants
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-sJ_tTlqCahrOGJQPiMZrcXfIiOKTMo-mwnfOhqfCXXukVoao.jpg

Yarkira

My Regimen
Reaction score
I watched these movies several times, but don't remember those scenes. It seems that it is high time to rewatch them :) However, I've recently contacted airtv customer service and started streaming local TV, and I noticed that these films are often on TV. Anyway, I have the desire to watch them again.

Last edited:

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score

Here is a minoxidil reference in a deleted scene in American Psycho. 0:35.

I've heard in the book he ends up using it.

LucyCoffee

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're right that baldness, or the fear of it, has been portrayed in various TV shows, often for comedic effect. Characters like George Costanza from Seinfeld and Anthony Edwards' character on ER have indeed expressed anxiety about going bald. Vincent Kartheiser's character on Mad Men also underwent a notable transformation in hair style.