Most sides cleared but Ball Ache still lingering! Hmmm...

Tharock12344

Reaction score
I promised myself that I'd try out finasteride after speaking with a patient adviser at a transplant office. Knowing the risks, I made the leap - assuring myself that I would stop once I felt any sort of side effects. After only three days, I couldn't last - loss in libido, numb penis, watery semen/less ejaculate and ball ache. Now I've convinced myself that the first two sides might very well have been placebo effect - as I'm well aware of the power of the brain and hypersensitivity; however, I did notice a pretty dramatic change. I was a little more fatigued, and couldn't exactly get aroused from the things that excited me before. I told myself I would ride those side effects out for at least a week and if they persisted longer than 2, I'd discontinue -- But the main reason I discontinued was the ball ache.

Thankfully, after 6-7 days off finasteride - I'm feeling back to normal in terms of libido and penis sensitivity/semen, and nowhere near as fatigued as before. The only thing that remains in the persistent dull ache on my testicles and lower abdomen. They come and go throughout the day, but they're present. I've read some places that a ball ache is common, as your testicles are working harder to produce T (or some variation of that.. Not too well versed on the biology behind it). Just curious whether anybody had the same experience while getting off, and everything regulated after a while? The dosage was only .25mg, three days straight -- but I do know that the response curve for finasteride is pretty flat, meaning that it suppresses nearly the same amount of DHT as 1mg.

Anyways, hoping to hear from you guys -- Please only positive input. No fear mongering of any sort.. I'm a 21 year old undergrad going thru midterms and I don't need any more stress haha.

Cheers guys, and whichever route you're taking in dealing with your hair loss; whether that be the big three, Supplements, or even nothing at all - I wish you all nothing but the best of luck :)

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Testosterone production upregulation wouldn't cause pain. I think it's nocebo and one of the most absurd side effects, yet so many tell they get it... Is that even listed on the leaflet?

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
I had the same experience. Lifeless dead dick for a few months, was horrible. I lasted 3 days.

I promised myself that I'd try out finasteride after speaking with a patient adviser at a transplant office. Knowing the risks, I made the leap - assuring myself that I would stop once I felt any sort of side effects. After only three days, I couldn't last - loss in libido, numb penis, watery semen/less ejaculate and ball ache. Now I've convinced myself that the first two sides might very well have been placebo effect - as I'm well aware of the power of the brain and hypersensitivity; however, I did notice a pretty dramatic change. I was a little more fatigued, and couldn't exactly get aroused from the things that excited me before. I told myself I would ride those side effects out for at least a week and if they persisted longer than 2, I'd discontinue -- But the main reason I discontinued was the ball ache.

Thankfully, after 6-7 days off finasteride - I'm feeling back to normal in terms of libido and penis sensitivity/semen, and nowhere near as fatigued as before. The only thing that remains in the persistent dull ache on my testicles and lower abdomen. They come and go throughout the day, but they're present. I've read some places that a ball ache is common, as your testicles are working harder to produce T (or some variation of that.. Not too well versed on the biology behind it). Just curious whether anybody had the same experience while getting off, and everything regulated after a while? The dosage was only .25mg, three days straight -- but I do know that the response curve for finasteride is pretty flat, meaning that it suppresses nearly the same amount of DHT as 1mg.

Anyways, hoping to hear from you guys -- Please only positive input. No fear mongering of any sort.. I'm a 21 year old undergrad going thru midterms and I don't need any more stress haha.

Cheers guys, and whichever route you're taking in dealing with your hair loss; whether that be the big three, Supplements, or even nothing at all - I wish you all nothing but the best of luck :)

Tharock12344

Reaction score
So if so many guys say they get it, how can you discredit it as nocebo? Pretty sure at least SOME of us have some merit... I think folks need to tiny stray away from what a tiny piece of paper tells them - The drug has only been around for X amount of years, it hasn't been studied to it's full potential and tampering with a man's hormones is a slippery slope.

Anyways, Aeros -- hope you're feeling much better now my friend! You didn't mention anything about the testicular ache though!

Cheers friends!

Tharock12344

Reaction score
Just an update for anybody interested!

Ball ache has substantially subsided! I think it's on it's way out, and hopefully I won't be feeling any discomfort in the very near future! ALSO, woke up this morning with WOOD! (FTW).. Just some good news for folks in the same position that I was in!

Hope all is well with you folks,
& the cure is on its way, I can only pray!