more shedding after haircut??

hairfarmer7997

Reaction score
Ok well I'm 1 week from my 3 month anniversary of Propecia and 1 1/2 years on minoxidil. Just got a haircut yesterday, washed hair this morning, and I was just sitting here and ran my hand through my hair about 4 times and I've got 20 hairs sitting on my desk. . they are not the cut hairs, but probably shed hairs. . .I can't believe this cause i thought my shedding was starting to slow down and now this :freaked2: . . .any input would be greatly appreciated, cause i'm freakin out

Jude

Established Member
Reaction score
Come on, let's be reasonable here. You don't really think a haircut can cause shed, do you?

hairfarmer7997

Reaction score
Yes, I guess thats crazy but I don't know why its so visible now. . .its just this propecia journey is so up and down. . .its driving me crazy. . .one day hair a little better, fall out seems to be decreasing, next day more fall out than ever. . and on and on

Established Member
Reaction score
same thing happens to me. i think the longer ur hair gets the less noticable hairs falling out becomes. i can pull on my hair now and nothing comes out, but when i get it cut later today ill be sure to notice more shedding.

Maybe when their longer, hairs fall out more when u are showering or brushing hair.