More regrowth coming after 6 months!

G

I have had some noticeable regrowth in 5 months on Avodart, as of January, as people know. Now as I enter my 7 month on Avodart, I am noticing more hairs in the temple region and generally thicker hair all over. I may just get the NW1 back after all. I'd be happy with my NW1.5 and the slight recession if it was thicker behind the hairline. We will see how it goes. Either way, I am definitely not worse off than I was before starting Avodart. The 2 sheds that I have gone through have just been temporary and the hair has come back.

My Revita is due to arrive in the mail this week and I'll be using that 5 days a week with Nano 5 days a week as well. I will shower twice a day on the weekend days to get both in. I have been kinda lazy about using Nano and nizoral, so hopefully using both along with the Avodart will enable me to get even more regrowth in front where I have most of my thinness.

Life is looking good.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im happy for you man!

I just restarted dutasteride aswell, and was on and off using minoxidil, but it bloated up my face like a baloon. I ordered some oral spironolactone to take low dose to get rid of the water retention, but im going to continue with Proxiphen once at night, im adding genhairs spironolactone that includes caffeine and retin-a, and adding tricomin once after my shower.

Im also adding Revita 5 days a week, and will continue to use Nano 2 times per week. I wonder if you can apply the two shampoo's together?

Im hoping to get overall thickening aswell and some hairline regrowth since im young and havent had hairloss for more than 3 years.

Jayman, before dutasteride did you have sparse hairs all over, so it looked like hairs in between were gone, and did you regrow them back? Or could you see all your hairs and they were just thinner?

Thanks!

G

stax said:
Im happy for you man!

I just restarted dutasteride aswell, and was on and off using minoxidil, but it bloated up my face like a baloon. I ordered some oral spironolactone to take low dose to get rid of the water retention, but im going to continue with Proxiphen once at night, im adding genhairs spironolactone that includes caffeine and retin-a, and adding tricomin once after my shower.

Im also adding Revita 5 days a week, and will continue to use Nano 2 times per week. I wonder if you can apply the two shampoo's together?

Im hoping to get overall thickening aswell and some hairline regrowth since im young and havent had hairloss for more than 3 years.

Jayman, before dutasteride did you have sparse hairs all over, so it looked like hairs in between were gone, and did you regrow them back? Or could you see all your hairs and they were just thinner?

Thanks!

hi stax, thanks.

i might add rogaine foam after a year on dutasteride if im not happy because i think that this may give me a better chance to get my front thicker. what do you think?

as for applying them together, i think it's best to do what i think fairtax suggested and what im gonna do, and just shower twice a day on sat and sun so each has some time to absorb and so they don't interfere with each other if that's possible.

before dutasteride i had sparse hairs in front. i definitely didn't have all of my hairs, and the ones that were still in front were thick and weak. if you can picture a fence that's old and kinda bending backward and not really standing up straight, that's what it's like behind my hairline, although it's improved a fair amount. my hairline is still 95% intact but the supporting hairs behind it have miniaturized. dutasteride has kept more hairs from miniaturizing as well as thickened some hairs all over my head and even regrown some ones that had turned vellus and invisible, i think.

nguy1832

Reaction score
Jayman: Do you know any stores I can go to just to pick a bottle of Revita up? I don't like waiting for online orders.

G

nguy1832 said:
Jayman: Do you know any stores I can go to just to pick a bottle of Revita up? I don't like waiting for online orders.

dont think so yet. i ordered mine online

G

haunted-ballroom said:
Thats good news man! Dont forget to get an elvis hairstyle with all that new hair you getting

My hair's too curly to pull off the Elvis style. :hairy:

G

as for applying them together, i think it's best to do what i think fairtax suggested and what im gonna do, and just shower twice a day on sat and sun so each has some time to absorb and so they don't interfere with each other if that's possible.

You should know already I'm too cheap of an SOB to do that!! :D

I was just planning on using Revita 2 days on, then NANO one day, then Revita 2 days again. Sometimes I shower twice a day and maybe I'll take the JayMan suggestion and double up those days. You're a diffuser and I need to catch up to your results. Almost 4 months on the DNC for me and one month on finasteride.

Geez I'm going to end up like one of these people with the laundry list of ingredients for a hair loss regimen! Just gotta added some topical spironolactone and some Retin-A and I should be all set for the Big 12!

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i was wondering... revita has ketoconzale 1 % in it.. and on the nizoral it says 2 times a week... and revita says at least 5 times a week... isnt that going to do some irritation on the scalp .... ?
just wondering...
Because i am alsow thinking about getting that shampo :D

G

jojje good question. i think the soothing stuff in the shampoo like the emo oil maybe makes ti fine.

G

Jay, do you have recent pictures that show the improvement on your hairline? There are hardly any success pictures without Rogaine.

G

Taugenichts said:
Jay, do you have recent pictures that show the improvement on your hairline? There are hardly any success pictures without Rogaine.

Here we go:

Before pic from last August:

5 months later:

I see solid improvement. I think the temples have improved and the center of the hairline has come down a tiny bit. Keep in mind that both of these pics are with me pulling my hair combed back all the way, just to show it. When I comb my hair back to expose the hairline, it's placed at least a half an inch lower. I was rapidly headed to NW2+ before and now I have a solid hairline, from just dutasteride. No minoxidil.

If you look at the corners of my hairline, in the temples, in the first pic, you can see how there's some solid recession. See how far back my temple points are? In the second pic, I feel like my hairline has become more rounded and juvenile and some of that recession has reversed. What do you think? I know my hand is in a diff place in the two pictures but i don't think it makes a huge difference.

plusryan

Established Member
Reaction score
thats very delightful to hear Jayman. I was probably a norwood 2.25-5ish before I started Avodart some months ago, and now being on the big3 I feel I could possibly get to a norwood 1 as well.

H2O

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
I know my hand is in a diff place in the two pictures but i don't think it makes a huge difference.

Hey Jayman...great to hear progress is continuing to happen and you still have minoxidil in your 'back pocket' !! If you can actually take another pic or two with your hand further back it would be helpful. Right now it's covering your temples so it is impossible to see how they compare with the baseline pic. I know you positioned your hand there because your hair is so short but perhaps you could snap two shots...one for each temple...

It is obvious, though, that your hairline has moved down...certainly in the center. Congrats !! Good to hear the dutasteride has paid off and you're continuing to see progess. I'm slowly progressing as well and look forward to taking some comparison shots in May to see how things are shaping up. Keep up the good work !!

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey JayMan, sorry i didnt see your reply.

Well i definetly think that minoxidil will help in the front if your not satisfied with your results after 1 year, but mabye give it 18 months before you decide.

If you do go on minoxidil i would go for spectral dnc as it works for me better and faster than other minoxidi solutions ive used, and pretty much everybody using the new version, is getting good results.

Good luck!