more questions about minoxidil weight gain

Billy_Elvis

Reaction score
Hi, I thought I would start a new thread on side effects of dermarolling and minoxidil that is so popular at the moment. Since beginning I have put on about 7 lbs (over 6 weeks) and feeling a bit chubby. I believe it is due to increased minoxidil absorption.

My question is whether weight gain due to minoxidil is actual fat or water retention?

If minoxidil is stopped will the extra weight start to disappear or is it just like I lived on 500 extra calories a day for 7 weeks and have to lose the weight through increased exercise & dieting?

Cheers,

Billy

9tfrizzco

Established Member
Reaction score
your weight is determined solely by calories in vs calories out and i have no understanding of how minoxodil could possibly affect your metabolic rate. water weight could make a slight difference, but i have no idea how minoxidil could affect this either.

Billy_Elvis

Reaction score
It is part of the side effects listed on the pack when you buy Minoxidil. Studies show that it causes users to retain sodium and water, but other studies allude to weight gain but don't specify if it is due to fat being laid down or by retention of water. So the link of Minoxidil going systematic and weight gain is undeniable, but the cause seems to split opinion. Any other inputs???