more orgasms > more prolonged elevation prolactin > ha

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, i always thought the relation between frequent masturbation/sex and hairloss was nonsense, but since i'm researching this more i think THERE IS a relation. Prolactin levels can be raises for a long period after sex, hair follicels are sensitive to prolactin wich can influence anagen/catagen ratios if subject is sensitive to immune-related male pattern baldness Stress can also raise prolactin and therefore play a significant role just food for thought i think...

1: Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2001 Apr;26(3):287-94. Links Coitus-induced orgasm stimulates prolactin secretion in healthy subjects.Exton MS, Kruger TH, Koch M, Paulson E, Knapp W, Hartmann U, Schedlowski M. Institute of Medical Psychology, University of Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122, Essen, Germany. michael.exton@uni-essen.de

Previous data have indicated that orgasm produces marked alterations in plasma prolactin concentrations in men and women. Thus, the current study aimed to extend these data by examining prolactin response to coitus in healthy males and females. Ten pairs of healthy heterosexual couples participated in the study. Blood was drawn continuously for 20 min before, during, and until 60 min following sexual intercourse and orgasm. Plasma was subsequently analysed for prolactin concentrations. Coitus-induced orgasm produced a marked elevation of plasma prolactin in both males and females. Plasma prolactin concentrations remained elevated 1 h following orgasm. These data, together with previous evidence that masturbation-induced orgasm produces pronounced, long-lasting increases in plasma prolactin concentrations in both males and females, suggest a role for acute prolactin alterations in modifying human sexual desire following orgasm.

1: Am J Pathol. 2006 Mar;168(3):748-56. Links Human scalp hair follicles are both a target and a source of prolactin, which serves as an autocrine and/or paracrine promoter of apoptosis-driven hair follicle regression.Foitzik K, Krause K, Conrad F, Nakamura M, Funk W, Paus R. Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany. kfoitzik@yahoo.com

The prototypic pituitary hormone prolactin (PRL) exerts a wide variety of bioregulatory effects in mammals and is also found in extrapituitary sites, including murine skin. Here, we show by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction and immunohistology that, contrary to a previous report, human skin and normal human scalp hair follicles (HFs), in particular, express both PRL and PRL receptors (PRL-R) at the mRNA and protein level. PRL and PRL-R immunoreactivity can be detected in the epithelium of human anagen VI HFs, while the HF mesenchyme is negative. During the HF transformation from growth (anagen) to apoptosis-driven regression (catagen), PRL and PRL-R immunoreactivity appear up-regulated. Treatment of organ-cultured human scalp HFs with high-dose PRL (400 ng/ml) results in a significant inhibition of hair shaft elongation and premature catagen development, along with reduced proliferation and increased apoptosis of hair bulb keratinocytes (Ki-67/terminal dUTP nick-end labeling immunohistomorphometry). This shows that PRL receptors, expressed in HFs, are functional and that human skin and human scalp HFs are both direct targets and sources of PRL. Our data suggest that PRL acts as an autocrine hair growth modulator with catagen-promoting functions and that the hair growth-inhibitory effects of PRL demonstrated here may underlie the as yet ill-understood hair loss in patients with hyper-prolactinemia.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive been experimenting with Cabergoline, a prolactin inhibitor recently. 0.25mg twice weekly has made me horny as hell, my girlfriend loves it, lol.

Also seems to make orgasm more intense, either that or she is just rocking my world. I only jerk off 1-2x a week now that I am getting some, so that could be a factor also.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thinning said:
Ive been experimenting with Cabergoline, a prolactin inhibitor recently. 0.25mg twice weekly has made me horny as hell, my girlfriend loves it, lol.

Also seems to make orgasm more intense, either that or she is just rocking my world. I only jerk off 1-2x a week now that I am getting some, so that could be a factor also.

Thinning,

Under which brand name are you getting it?

Has it improved your erections?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
A new promising drug out there for guys with PE: Dapoxetine

My vision of the future in 10 years:

Men will be taking 5 or 6 different pills about an hour before sex...

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nathaniel said:
Thinning said:

Thinning,

Im using a research chem, lol.

And as far as erections, my junk works fine, but sometimes I go through periods where I am not horny. I can get it up fine if I get turned on, but I dont get turned on more than 2-3 times a week.

G

Thinning said:
Nathaniel said:
Thinning said:

Thinning,

Im using a research chem, lol.

And as far as erections, my junk works fine, but sometimes I go through periods where I am not horny. I can get it up fine if I get turned on, but I dont get turned on more than 2-3 times a week.

same with me. i have no problem getting or maintaining an erection, but i am less horny than i used to be so there is more motivation necessary from my girlfriend.