More hair = more confidence = bigger jerk

Deaner

Reaction score
I find as my hair improves, I gain confidence, and as a byproduct become slightly more cocky, resulting in being a bigger jackass. When my hair was at its worst, I was the nicest I'd ever been. I've always had a reputation for being a slightly obnoxious jackass (hey, it's never hurt my popularity, do what works I say!), but there was a time when people didn't even recognize my personality any longer, because after a year or two of not seeing each other since highschool, they met the nicer (albeit balder) me.

In the last 6 months, my hair has improved at a breakneck pace. My transition from nice guy to confident jackass has moved at an exponentially faster pace.

The worst part is I'm entirely alright with all this. After all, I'm getting my hair back ;)

jayC99

Established Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
In the last 6 months, my hair has improved at a breakneck pace. My transition from nice guy to confident jackass has moved at an exponentially faster pace.

What is your regemin?

G

There is nothing wrong with being cocky, if you don't offend anyone in the process, but that's not the way you go about it.

People like you, who openly brag about being, what you describe as a "jackass", are the ones that don't deserve hair.

I could have told you from the proverbial mile away, the kind of person you are judging from your bitter fuelled posts.

You basically epitomise the post I wrote the other day, regarding the selfishness etc.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think in general people act in the most selfish way they can get away with.

Really attractive people ( for which a full head of hair goes a long way ) learn that no matter how badly they act, they are treated with respect - people want to be their friends and the opposite sex desires them. So they act like assholes because they can.

People who are not so good looking find they have to act good or they will not be treated nicely. Ugly or very fat people find they practically have to act like angels in order for anyone to be nice to them or want to be their friend.

So its not suprising that you are acting more like a jerk, its because you can and people still look up to you and girls still want you.

Its the same with girls who lose a bunch of weight and guys start giving them tons of attention. They dump their nice guy boyfriends, start acting like a b**ch and screw every hot guy they can find.

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
Have to kind of agree with Gunner here. There are assholes and there are nice guys, that's life, and that's fine. But someone who can clearly see himself turn back into a jerk, and who's happy about it... Well let's just say that it doesn't inspire a lot of respect from me.

G

I have found though that the most stunning women I know - and I have had some beauties - as buddies :lol: - are some of the nicest - there are some ugly fat jerk women out there too.

I think while we are young thinnings thinking is true but as you get older you find more beauty in peoples attitude and behaviour.

If you are a jerk no even if you look like the money evetually you will only attract other jerks.

Why someone would want to act like a jerk is beyond me - sure be cocky and confident - have a big head in a light hearted way - but if you mean hurting other people and not caring or enjoying it even - that's not cool in anyones books - no matter how much hair / how good looking you are.

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
I find as my hair improves, I gain confidence, and as a byproduct become slightly more cocky, resulting in being a bigger jackass. When my hair was at its worst, I was the nicest I'd ever been. I've always had a reputation for being a slightly obnoxious jackass (hey, it's never hurt my popularity, do what works I say!), but there was a time when people didn't even recognize my personality any longer, because after a year or two of not seeing each other since highschool, they met the nicer (albeit balder) me.

The worst part is I'm entirely alright with all this. After all, I'm getting my hair back ;)

I hate persons like you in real life. The hairy jerks who go around treating ppl like sh*t.

I suggest you stop being a jerk. You are responding to treatments now. May be after 1-2 yrs you will go downside again. These treatments wont keep your hair the same way always. That time you will be sorry for being a jerk since ppl will treat you bad when your situation gets bad.

If you treat everyone nicely...if and when ur situation does get bad..they wont treat you bad since you were nicer to them earlier.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree with most of what your saying, I can´t think of something nastier than a preppy person that always looks you over his shoulder and shots hurting stuff at everyone´s face, but...

...it´s not as easy as this, I think. We all know how good looking ppl attract other people. Well, have you ever think how stupid and mollesting can be a person when approaching a nice guy/girl?? it can be really disturbing sometimes. People always put a silly smile in their faces, asking the most stupid questions about life or whatever, in order to push the girl/guy into their attention. They want a nice guy/girl to be talking with them, f*****g with them or even next to them. Just for their good looks.

I don´t know, I always try to understand people and the origin of their behavior, and I think the aggresive/hurting part of the personality of good looking people come as a defense mechanism against the "invasion" of the regular guy that comes to them, desperate for the "man of the moment" attention, trying to vampirize them.

I was a fat boy, wearing glasses and corrective teeth stuff (don´t know exactly how it is called in english) til i turned 17, then I started running and exercising hard and became fit, got some contact lenses and forgot about the mouth irons, and lot of ppl that never approached to me (except for insulting), started to come with the silly smile in their faces. Well, I just feel pleased and thought that looking good is kind of magic in this life.

But I thought it many many times and it gets me mad, these people never really come to me for being interested in me and my personality, or my thoughts, or for me wanting to be their friend, or just to make some laughs, they just come for their own interest, they had plenty of time before, a lot of years, indeed, but they just decided it was the time when I became decently looking. If I would have born looking good, I would have the neccesary training and send all of them to hell.

I think that we all need to sit down and think how we people are. I had it easy becouse it happened in front of my face. The "Nelson Munch" guy, that has been laughing loudly in front of all the people (HA-HA!!) at the less important of everyone of your disgraces for your entire life is now turned in a "mate", laughing to the floor at even the less funny of your jokes. The hot girl in the class, that never ever noticed you around except for commenting that she feels a "sausage smell", is now suddenly approaching at the bar, saturday night, slightly hitting you in the penile area with his *** while dancing in front of you bfore starting a converstion where you and she, surprisingly, are the most united classmates since the mixed-genre scholar system was invented.
The girls around, that in your entire life gave you the serious impression that you have the power to become invisible when leaving home, are now looking straight to you, talking in front of your face like if they have drunk the Colombia´s monthly production of coffe. The guys that never wanted you approaching to the basket court in a 2 square kilometer area, are now coming to you, friendly-tapping you in the shoulder, inserting you into their circle becouse they are needing a new player for the team.

Now I´m older, but I´ll never forget that, it really impressed me, as you can see. I wish I would have been the greatest jerk with all of them and spit all of them into their eyes. But, as I said, I was pleased. And now I´m afraid of going bald. Getting to where I was. The non-existence and misery of the normal people. I´m losing my chances of being a jerk. If you ask me, I don´t believe in anyone´s sanctity. I´ve seen mine, and I don´t believe in Mother Teresa of Calcuta going round and treating people all right. I myself, knowing this, I´ve been cruel with people. I bet my balls that Gunner, the non-selfish poster here, the one that wants full heads of hair for the Africa poors and the Calcuta miserables, Gunner the hair-giver, if he never had male pattern baldness he would be in the pub with the mates, laughing at some bloke´s horseshoe. People never puts them into anothers pants. No one realizes. Everyone judges. Everyone are cruel unconsciously or not, from the rat-face fat-*** wrinkle-saturated virgin-girl to Brad f*****g Pitt. I don´t believe in jerks and victims. Even people who is fucked, bald, fat, ugly, hairy and is lamenting every second of is life is crying becouse they think thay are forced by a Nature trick to be confused with the condition of the "undesirables".

And even then, the people who is suffering physical disgraces give a sh*t about the "undesirable ones", they even hate them more becouse they remember them how disgusting they are.

Think about it, Gunner, being bald, ugly or smelly or whatever you still can get girls, have friends and get a job. You´r perfectly able of living a full life with the entire things that everyone experiences. Maybe you got a girl with a dead racoon between her legs, got the "David Hasselhorf´s fanclub" president as best friend and work at a 7/11.

But you moan and cry becouse you don´t want that . You think that you deserve something better, conciously or not. You don´t wanna be surrounded by disgusting ugly losers in an ugly loser environment.

You´r being a jerk about those people you don´t wanna be mixed with.

Come on, Gunner, what do you think a NW7 feels when reading your balding-ridiculizing posts about baldies in white socks and shorts??

They could be feeling horrorified by those histories. A guy that is terrorified of getting Norwood 7, the lowest state of the human being as he said. There´s nothing worse than being bald from your point of view.

You´re being such a jerk about Norwood 7 guys. You´r saying that If you become one of them, it will be worse than dying.

Imagine that you´re a Norwood 7 guy that doesn´t feel confortable with himself. Imagine yourself reading this forum, feeling the terror of all of us about even becoming Norwood 3V. Our lamentations, our anger.

I´ve done that and that´s what I thought:

"Well, If all these people are doing that work, that medication thing, that desperate posts, that much fear, that money and efforts to get away from where I am, they must be saying to me that I am into one of the worst places on earth. "

I think we need to stop blaming persons.

I think we all have to stop blaming the other people.

alfonso2501

Established Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
I find as my hair improves, I gain confidence, and as a byproduct become slightly more cocky, resulting in being a bigger jackass.

I think it’s similar to when one trades in their old broken down jalopy for a Ford mustang. Their driving etiquette goes straight down the shitter!

Do you think in both cases they’re compensating for something? :scratch:

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
so your hair is comming along pretty good eh deanor?? last few posts i have read from you have stated other wise, but thats good to hear. And as far as being an a**h**, well, i hope eventually you'll learn that it wont really get you anywhere in life. You will become a lot less personally satisfied with demeaning individuals then you would if you had been nice to them, and took the time to be nice to see how they react to that.

Deaner

Reaction score
You guys all got beat up in high school didn't you?

Edit: I also hate people who think they know me through my anonymous internet posts. You don't!

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
You guys all got beat up in high school didn't you?

Edit: I also hate people who think they know me through my anonymous internet posts. You don't!

I was thinking along the same lines, Deaner. Nothing like being a little cocky and a little a**h**-ish at times. What is the old saying? Something about the most well-behaved people are also the ones that history is quickest to forget? I think that saying (however it really goes) is right on.

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
It depends on what Deaner is saying about being a Jerk... im sure he dosent go to the point of telling people to "Get Fucked" or anything like that as far as Jerkyness goes. Deaner, If your a funny bloke, you have charisma, you make people laugh, your loud, fun to be around, controvercial, half annoying, but good value... then i say keep up your Jerkyness as your happy and thats the main thing... it you!

I reckon that maybe im a jerk at times... nothing wrong with that. Nothing more boring than a quiet spoken goody goody with nothing good to contribute. So keep it up... your happy and im sure others around you are too.

By the way... i wasnt beaten up at school either... maybe thats why i agree with you here. Sorry if some of you were beaten up and have a grudge on Deaner because hes a happy Jackass.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Where I grew up, the cocky jerks got their asses beat the hardest. You only act that way because you can get away with it in your current environment.

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
I think its a bit stupid however that were analysing someone none of us have ever met. Sure he might be one of those cocky Jackasses that you hate... but equally he could be a quality cocky jackass that people like.

Christ as if we should be debating over what deaner is like as a person. f*** me forums can go the wrong way about 95% of the time.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
He started the topic.

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
True... but its still ridiculous that were trying to analyse someones personality from a post on the internet...

Leaning away from Deaner and going back to the real crux of the topic... i think its fair to say there is a connection with cockyness and more hair, quite simply because your more confident and prepared to be the centre of attention... even if you are standing under a flourescent light at a party. Some nights when i feel good about how i look i am definately more outspoken and confident about social conditions... and probable more fun to others aswell... all because of my stupid f*****g hair.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey, I like the man. I've stuck up for him when others have trashed him. I think he'll appreciate my honest take as opposed to telling him what he wants to hear.

G

I think you should realise difference between being confident or even cocky which is not bad per se - and just being and arsehole.

History does remember a lot of peope who were downright jerks, but they were jerks as they had to step over people to achieve something. History doesn't remember people for very long just for acting like an arse.

Yeah some good looking people might act like tw@ts but no-one really likes them except other shallow jerks. And sadly looks don't last that long, and start to mean a lot less to people as they mature.

Wouldn't you rather be good looking guy who is also a cool f@cker. i know I would.