More Blood flow to my head and scalp doubled my hair volume

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Bryan said:
I assume that by "NO", you are referring to "nitric oxide". I hope my friend finfighter sees this! :)

You mean you presume! :innocent:

If that thread I started a long time ago over on the Off-Topic forum about complaints I have with word usage in the English language were still there, I'd make another post there about the subtleties of the words "assume" and "presume"! :innocent:

armandein

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
armandein said:
Other people think that NO production is implicated with the action of minoxidil...

I assume that by "NO", you are referring to "nitric oxide". I hope my friend finfighter sees this! :)

Yes, I am referring NO to Nitric Oxide.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
The context of the post allows one to deduce that nitric oxide is what the poster is in fact alluding to and with this in mind one should presume as such! :whistle:

The use of the word "presume" over "assume" in this example actually strikes me as a bit of an affectation. Is "presume" more commonly used in England than it is in America? :dunno:

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The OP is full of crap MS is not caused by lack of blood flow to the brain Nd there is no such MS treatment of the type he describes.

Wah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yawn. He's both an MD and a PhD, and has been researching this stuff for DECADES, and has numerous patents in this field. If you don't want to believe what he says about nitric oxide's effect on hair (or the effect of superoxide and peroxynitrite, or numerous other things he writes about eloquently), then don't believe it. It's YOUR hair, and you can believe any damned thing you want about what you should do with it! :smack:
Yep, he has been working on it for a lot of years, and he still doesn't have a cure. That says a lot about him.

shookwun

Reaction score
Did you just reply to a 6 year old thread?
When I first read this post I was thinking about someone who's my dad age that just got acquainted with forum posting, and the culture behind the internet.

paxis

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I first read this post I was thinking about someone who's my dad age that just got acquainted with forum posting, and the culture behind the internet.
That makes it cute now and lets me I feel bad. Pff Hahahaha

dandan27

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to add the following to support the possibility that venous drainage in the head may help with neurodegenerative conditions such as MS based on the work of a Doctor who published his findings in his book

'The Downside to Upright Posture'

a comment on Amazon reads as follows:

"The thesis of the book is that inherited, acquired disorders and degenerative conditions of the spine, especially the upper cervical spine and base of the skull, predispose humans to blockage of the venous drainage system of the brain (VVP) resulting in chronic edema, ischemia and NPH. These conditions in turn initiate a cascade of neurodegenerative processes, such as the glutamate cascade and subsequent diseases such as Mulitple Sclerosis, Alzheimers and Parkinson's."

Wah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm not sure this makes sense or not, wondering if you've heard anything. I have multiple sclerosis, and it turns out the disease is caused by a lack of blood flow into and out of the brain. I received this new treatment to open up my jugular veins, thus allowing more blood to flow into and out of my head.
Suffice it so say, all my MS symptoms went away. But then there was a bonus. I was at my hair stylist, and she said that my hair had gotten thicker, almost like suede, since the month before. She asked me if I was taking any new product. I said no, but told her about my treatment.
She said that made sense that my hair got thicker. Products like nioxin and others attempt to bring more blood to the scalp. Since my head was not getting the amount of fresh blood it was supposed to, my hair thinned.
Does this make sense? Is there a scalp blood flow connection to hair loss?

thanks
Devin
The problem is not in the scalp. If it had anything to do with the scalp, transplanted hair would not last, at six to seven years it would fall out, and not grow back.
Genetics, a shark loses a tooth, and a new one comes in. This is in the sharks genetic makeup.
Hair in a person works the same way, a hair falls out, a new one grows back in its place. If the gene for replacement is off, then a new hair will not grow back in.
Understand this, men can get hair transplants and the hair will fall out, and then a new hair will grow back in. The fall out, and regrow process continues throughout a mans lifetime.
Females do not have the genetic gene that causes hair loss, therefore a female hair loss is not genetic. This is why, if a female gets a hair transplant, it is a one time deal, six or seven years. Once the hair falls out, it will not come back in because the hair was moved to an area that has a scalp problem. If the soil isn't good, doesn't matter what you plant, it isn't going to grow.

Lets get the testosterone thing out of the way. When men age, their testosterone levels become lower, not higher. Therefore, if testosterone were the cause, a persons hair would start to grow as they became older.

Now, what happens when the gene is turned off. Cannot be something goes into the blood stream, as that would cause the entire head to go bald. Has to be something that can only affect the front, and top of the head.
Cannot have any affect on the sides or back of the head.

My thought is the way the head grows is affected. If the head grows in length, the skin is stretched further, and this does something to the hair follicle. The side and back of the head remain the same size. The growth only happened at the top, and front.
This would explain why people that get hair transplants experience more hair loss after the transplant. As the scalp is cut, and the skin is pulled (Stretched) and then stitched.
I have not read anything on people that have had skin in the center area of their head cut out, and the sides pulled upward for coverage, what happens, do they start to lose the side hair?