Moose after 6 years

1840moose

Reaction score
I stop by here every few years to see if there's anything new to think about. Its been six years now and judging from the posts I've seen, I'm doing as well as could be expected. I started on propecia shortly after it became available in Canada. I had an OK hairline - high temples, but there was a lot of scalp visible behind it under harsh lights, and it looked like crap when it was wet.

After the first 3 months, no scalp was visible, and it gets slightly thicker every year. Right now I'd say its 4-5 times as dense as when I started. Not much movement on the hairline though - but I wasn't especially concerned about that. Lots of growth in the front forelock. I'm 46, and it looks like what you'd expect from a 46 year old without male pattern baldness. Just a touch of the Clint Eastwood temples.

I use thickening shampoo, as well as a thickening gel (american crew stiff hold), and they make a very big difference as well.

No pics, but overall, I'm very happy with the results, but fellas it takes time.

Good luck guys,

Moose

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for updating! good luck!

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
Great to hear a long term evaluation.

I don't want give you the temptation to try new products, but I'm wondering, why have you not tried anything else than propecia?

cha11enge

Reaction score
Have u experienced any of those serious side effects thus far? When did u start getting male pattern baldness?

Obsidian

Reaction score
Thanks, this gives me hope of maintaining as I have very similair hair loss to yours except I am younger.