Month 17 on Propecia and things are up now. (PHOTOS)

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I turn 22 on the 16 of this month and it really suck because the weather was very bad and will have to go throught this hair loss issue for left. :(
It's been 17 months on propecia and things are looking up now and I think my hair improve a slight bit but that me and I been looking at it for 2 years now. I only wish I started propecia earlier and my hair would look better but my hair is not bad and I think I'm more to a norwood 1 than 2. Just only hope things don't turn around and go bad because that will kill me for sure.

My hair is at a length that it needs a hair cut or I can let it grow out but at this point it's hair to style when you have very fine or thin hair because after 10 minutes of styling it my hair gets greesy. It really sucks but I post my new photo on the same site that I always have for you guys to take a look to see if I improve or got worse and to see if propecia really work. The link is on the below this post and hope you get something out of this. Reply to this message and tell me what you think.

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitely looks like temple regrowth dude! I'd be proud of those results!

It's harder to tell in the first set, but the left temple shows a lot of improvement. What is the bag of your head like? Any widening (initially) or closing(from propecia) of the crown? Also did you say your hair was thinning? I don't notice it looking especially thin in any of the pics except right by the hairline at the temple.

MH

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
i kno its hard to be sure that ur hair looks good after fighting male pattern baldness for such a long time since uve been staring at it for so long...but honestly if i someone showed me pictures of your hair at month 17 i would never think for a second that u were ever losing your hair

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bro, looking at that mole from the first few months to present you have trullllly made some major progress. Im approaching month 7 on Propecia and if I have your results Ill be so happy. Man that is good stuff bro.

Also, Im sure you have answered this before, but have you gone through any other sheds.

Over and OUT!
Tony Montana

ASUknowit18

Reaction score
Hey action-
I am using Propecia just for maintenence, and basically I was wondering how I judge if it's working for me...

I am on month 7 right now, and I have no idea.

My quesiton to you is...how was the hair shedding process in the shower? Were there a lot of "normal" looking hairs at first...or were you shedding the short "weak" ones? I am not counting hairs...but I want to know if losing the "weak" hairs is a good thing...

Deaner

Reaction score
From what I hear, losing lots of fine and short, what I'm guessing classifies weak hairs for you, is a good thing during treatment. I rarely lose long, coarse hairs, it's mostly these short, fine, and sometimes even curly hairs that I lose. At the same time, I lose some hairs that are finer at the top than at the base. They go from fine to cosmetic normalcy (coarse) at the bottom, which is also a good indicator of whether or not treatment's working. Hang in there!

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
From what I hear, losing lots of fine and short, what I'm guessing classifies weak hairs for you, is a good thing during treatment. I rarely lose long, coarse hairs, it's mostly these short, fine, and sometimes even curly hairs that I lose. At the same time, I lose some hairs that are finer at the top than at the base. They go from fine to cosmetic normalcy (coarse) at the bottom, which is also a good indicator of whether or not treatment's working. Hang in there!

Im in the same boat as you, the hairs I lose now a days are curly and fine. My hairline took a beating during the first few months, but now its getting thicker and darker. I rarely lose any hair that is in good shape, they are all weak little hairs.

Tony