Monoxodil 5% Should I Switch To After Shower To Increase Results

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
basically what title says

been on it for over 4 months have good results--i use it at 1x a day at night before bed and wash hair in AM

I'm wondering if I should wash hair first like directions say to increase absorption. I would like a little more improvement in front of my scalp middle part line.

I have NO negative side effects for all this time that people talk about.

Anyone notice a difference in results doing this?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What the month you started see the results?

I started to get regrowth week 5 and 6...in pic it was slightly thicker part line (slight but still good I'm glad) between baseline and month 4.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

been on it for over 4 months have good results--i use it at 1x a day at night before bed and wash hair in AM

I'm wondering if I should wash hair first like directions say to increase absorption. I would like a little more improvement in front of my scalp middle part line.

yes! towel dry your hair, apply the foam and rub into scalp and then through hair. It increases absorption, and has a thickening effect too. the only issue I can see is maybe drying the scalp.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes! towel dry your hair, apply the foam and rub into scalp and then through hair. It increases absorption, and has a thickening effect too. the only issue I can see is maybe drying the scalp.
I don't know... if you blow dry hair soon after applying foam, you are basically heating an alcohol based solution on your scalp... blow drying should be done on extra clean hair because heat might burn that dirt and ruin your strands.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know... if you blow dry hair soon after applying foam, you are basically heating an alcohol based solution on your scalp... blow drying should be done on extra clean hair because heat might burn that dirt and ruin your strands.

Thats a good point. if I use it after showering it will be either after I blow drying--OR will just let hair air dry.
I think pores will still be open from shower after blow drying.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is it possible notice some initial shedding after start to increase absorption after shower or using tretinoin ?

Samson123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I use the kirkland liquid without any positive effect that I can see for 2 1/2 years now. I tried applying it with towel dried hair. Idk, the liquid just wicked up the hair like crazy because it was already 'primed' with water. It just seemed wasteful and looked terrible when it dried. Now I wait until my hair is like 90% dry, very slightly damp before I apply it.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use the kirkland liquid without any positive effect that I can see for 2 1/2 years now. I tried applying it with towel dried hair. Idk, the liquid just wicked up the hair like crazy because it was already 'primed' with water. It just seemed wasteful and looked terrible when it dried. Now I wait until my hair is like 90% dry, very slightly damp before I apply it.

I use the foam...did you ever try foam?

Samson123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I haven't. It doesn't makes sense to me at all other than for those who are allergic to PG. You're having success with that so obviously so it gets to where it needs to be. It just seems like most of it would just end up in the hair and not the scalp.

Treating my hairloss has been nothing but a nightmare for me so I'm aftaid to try anything else.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I haven't. It doesn't makes sense to me at all other than for those who are allergic to PG. You're having success with that so obviously so it gets to where it needs to be. It just seems like most of it would just end up in the hair and not the scalp.

Treating my hairloss has been nothing but a nightmare for me so I'm aftaid to try anything else.

No i get it on my scalp..im not sure why you think it would go on hair

I mean some gets on hair but thats unavoidable with either kind

I part my hair dip my finger in the minoxidil foam and then press it into my scalp and keep repeating..takes total like 1 to 2 minutes...

It dries on my hair quickly and does not effect my 'style'.

If anything it gives it a little extra body at scalp.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

imo absorption and penetration is a major key to how much minoxidil will help you

especially if you're only using it 1x a day, I would def try to make it when your scalp is at its cleanest

Mike990

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have had great results with minoxidil I think I started seeing results after 2 months I just started month 5 and there is a huuuuge diffence with my hair. I already have short hair but I find when I put it on after a shower I get more sides mainly puffy bags under eyes but also my results seem to come faster...just a thought

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think apply minoxidil with a damp scalp is not a good idea.
Maybe you will have a little better thickness but you double the side effects..get ready for a super puffy face and water retention in all your body.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I put a little water on my scalp and massage, after I put 1ml on top of head, hairline and massage again.

Damp scalp does not cut the effect?

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
I belive there is a video on the rogaine site.

Shower
Hair dryer
Use a bore brush to exfoliate
Apply minoxidil

LusciousLadyLocks

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a woman and use it twice a day. I must say that ALL my hair is longer and grows faster, even the near-microscopic hair, but I depilate, so I don't care about unwanted hair elsewhere. :) My non-terminal hairs aren't thicker, though, and I'm not getting extra terminal hairs except in the eyebrow area and the scalp. I also am enjoying my long eyelashes!

Given that you're risking cancer(!!!) with the estrogen therapy, I'd be much more inclined to increase minoxidil and wax a bit more than that! (Also, why the heck are you not on beta-receptor selective phyto-estrogens????)