monks and hairloss

powersam

Reaction score
has anyone else noticed that monks all seem to suffer from hairloss? you'd think they live a pretty healthy lifestyle as a rule, but at a guess 75% of them seem to have some pretty decent hairloss on those shaved heads. I wonder what lifestyle factor could contribute to that, maybe its the no sex?

G

PowerSam said:
has anyone else noticed that monks all seem to suffer from hairloss? you'd think they live a pretty healthy lifestyle as a rule, but at a guess 75% of them seem to have some pretty decent hairloss on those shaved heads. I wonder what lifestyle factor could contribute to that, maybe its the no sex?

Maybe it's because only bald men become monks. Being a monk will not make you go bald. You never get a slow 100 metre runner do you?

wombat

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I'd like to see where your source your statistics from, unless it's pure speculation on your behalf. I can't imagine that monks would have any greater hair loss than anyone else.

But as a sidepoint, I once read that more fat man are bald than skinny men. Whether this is because being fat makes you balder or that bald men lose interest in looking their best and get fat is anyone's guess.

G

wombat said:
Hmmmm. I'd like to see where your source your statistics from, unless it's pure speculation on your behalf. I can't imagine that monks would have any greater hair loss than anyone else.

But as a sidepoint, I once read that more fat man are bald than skinny men. Whether this is because being fat makes you balder or that bald men lose interest in looking their best and get fat is anyone's guess.

I think they go bald and then say bollocks to it, they then stuff there faces!

RalphyWiggum

Established Member
Reaction score
lol hogwash with the exception of the Dahli Lama I can't think of one monk that is bald.

powersam

Reaction score
mostly from various documentaries, thats where i observed this trend. dont think its tonsure because wouldnt all of them do it? this is pure speculation yes , but from the 4-5 documentaries i there was a definate predominance for horseshoe pattern baldness. maybe its the no sex , too much free testosterone kicking round