MOMS...

VWdude

Reaction score
So your mom knows you are losing your hair... and knows your taking something for it... i don't know about you guys but i get the "your hair looks better already" or "its not that your going bald, its all those hair products that are making your forehead bigger" so i'm like MOM... look at dad... TAKE A CLOSE LOOK AT DAD.... i dunno if you havent noticed bu...
HE'S FRICKEN BALD.... YES BALD AS BALD CAN BE. THAT'S WHY IM GOING BALD... but u know shes a mom... so she looks at things from different angles which is cool.. but its almost like she can't accept the fact that her 22 year old son is thining.

...Laugh it up

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
my mom's pretty cool. I mentionned to her that I think I'm losing hair.

My friends, at this point, are still saying "you're not losing hair dude".

But my mom's like: "doesn't look like it, but if you're sure and you're not comfortable with it, I think there are some meds that work quite well these days"...

Love ya mom!

VWdude

Reaction score
yeah thats true... my mom is happy that im taking meds for it because she knows it will make me feel better that im doing something about it. We just gotta stick with it brother!

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
same here... its nice to able to confide in a family member. and as much as we need objectivity sometimes, its also nice to have the relentless encouragement of a mother.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tIn the end, mom is the only likely woman to accept u the way u are regardless with hair not

Why me?

Reaction score
Why do I feel ashamed talking to Mom about my problem?

I feel like I am less of a man talking to her about it for some reason. Like I am weak and pathetic for letting it happen( almost like its my fault) but we all know it aint.

Anyone else feel this way?

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
a strange twist on this whole thing, is that sometimes with my parents, i feel like i am letting them down. I feel like i want them to be proud of me. I want them to think "Here is my son, a good looking, smart, funny guy who is making something of himself." but now (or when my thinning becomes noticeable) here is my son, he's a balding 24 year old, but we still love him. The irony of the whole thing, is i inherited these genes from them :) i'm obviously exaggerating a little bit, but sometimes i feel this way.

VWdude

Reaction score
Trent said:
a strange twist on this whole thing, is that sometimes with my parents, i feel like i am letting them down. I feel like i want them to be proud of me. I want them to think "Here is my son, a good looking, smart, funny guy who is making something of himself." but now (or when my thinning becomes noticeable) here is my son, he's a balding 24 year old, but we still love him. The irony of the whole thing, is i inherited these genes from them :) i'm obviously exaggerating a little bit, but sometimes i feel this way.

Yeah none of us asked for this, but life goes on... all we can do is use our treatments, get some hair transplant or go bald... and i ain't going bald so thats out of the picture... but i know what your saying but i think to our parents it doesnt make a difference, we are who we are regardless of our hair and if its there or not.