Mixing Oil With Nizoral To Reduce Harshness

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've recently added Nizoral 2% shampoo to my dutasteride regimen. I've been using the Nizoral every other day, and have been following it with a hydrating conditioner. I have found the Nizoral to be fairly harsh on my hair and my skin. My hair is looking very dry despite using the conditioner, and my scalp and the areas of my face and neck that the shampoo comes into contact with when washing my hair have been feeling a little irritated for at least 12 hours after each time I wash my hair.

So, would it be a good idea to add some oil to the shampoo to reduce its harshness? I've bought some Argan oil for this intended purpose. I'm thinking of mixing a few drops of the Argan oil with the shampoo in the palm of my hand just before putting it in my hair. Firstly, do you think this would work to reduce the harshness and drying effect of the Nizoral? And secondly, would doing so have any negative impact on the effectiveness of the shampoo in terms of fighting hair loss?

Thanks guys.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have nothing to add other than, I had such a terrible experience with Nizoral that I'm never touching that stuff again. It burned my scalp, fried my hair and dried my skin (forehead especially) whatever benefits Ketoconazole may offer, it wasn't worth it (at least in my case)

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have nothing to add other than, I had such a terrible experience with Nizoral that I'm never touching that stuff again. It burned my scalp, fried my hair and dried my skin (forehead especially) whatever benefits Ketoconazole may offer, it wasn't worth it (at least in my case)
Thanks for your reply. Sorry that you had a bad experience with Nizoral. It sure is a harsh product.
Out of interest, are you a Liverpool fan? I am :D, and I've met THE Steven Gerrard in person.

Is there anyone with knowledge of chemistry on here who might be able to tell me if mixing Argan oil with Nizoral would reduce the Nizoral's effectiveness in terms of fighting hair loss? Many thanks.