charasi

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im 25 year old. I live in Goa,India.
I used to have really nice soft and shiny hair in the past (check attached pic 1). I started loosing hair when i was 20.
Initially i ignored it and tried not to think of it. It depleted around the temples slowly.(check attached pic 2)
Ever since i moved to Goa(which is a coastal area) from New Delhi, around 6 months back, i started loosing hair rapidly.
Maybe it was the stress, the humid weather, salty water or genetics at play.
They started thinning around the temples, crown and sides. My hairline receded further.(check attached pic 3)
I was grossed out looking at my pics. Till then i took no care of my hair whatsoever. Used a normal shampoo(cheap) everyday and thats it.
So here i was going bald at 25.
So last month (december) I went to doctor and researched a lot on internet and decided on a regime to regrow my hair back.
Im firmly committed to it and no way im going to let my hair go. Even if i have to resort to Hair transplant in the end.
The regime is described below.

CASE HISTORY
--------------

Dad --- bald (he got bald spot on the crown around 26-27) (check attached pic 4)
grandfather,paternal ----- bald (similar pattern)
Elder brother(28)----- is also balding in a similar fashion (check attached pic 5)
grandfather,maternal ------ NOT bald

METHOD
--------

1. TO stimulate growth

a. Using Ayurvedic herbal oils like Bhringraj, amla also egg oil. Massaging every night followed by steam to make sure they are absorbed nicely by the skin.
b. Taking vitamin n biotin supplements - HairBless.

2. Reducing hairfall by diet

a. eating cashews
b. and other nuts and dry fruits
c. having fruits regularly
d. lots of water
e. green tea
f. honey
g. aloe vera juice
h. amla(gooseberry) juice

3. Reducing hair fall by Medications

a. Finestaride - 1mg daily

Currently Iam not using Minoxodil as i dont want to apply any chemicals on my hair, popping a pill sounds much convenient.
Im using hair oils in place of minoxidil everyday

Ive started this regime on 9DEC 2014, almost one month into it
my hair not sure about the volume, but i do see tiny hair around temples.(check attached pix 6 and 7 )
plus they are becoming very soft, like they used to be earlier.
Im gonna continue one full year and then decide on further course of action.

Will keep you guys updated.

Thank you !

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 445
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 448
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 455
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 446
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 408
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 572
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 509

massa

Banned
Reaction score
Why don't you just take finasteride? all those herbal concoctions to absolutely nothing. Diet has also proven to be unrelated to hair loss as well.

Applying minoxidil once a day before bed isn't that much of a hassle, as it will dry when you sleep and is proven to regrow hair unlike egg oil

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I hope you do accomplish your mission and do not become a casualty of war like so many others.

- - - Updated - - -

That suit you are wearing in pic #1 is badass.

charasi

Reaction score
hey massa, Iam taking finasteride as mentioned and im concentrating on diet and hair oils to improve circulation to my scalp and improve damaged hair in general.
Im not expecting major regrowth with oils and diet. maybe a halt in hair loss. Taking finasteride for regrowth.
Much helped by the fact that medicines are very cheap in India . (2 US$ for 30 tablts of finasteride)
I might add "dutasteride"(in the near future) or oral minoxidil/RU(much later)

What are your views ?

- - - Updated - - -
hey notsocoolanymore,
Thanks for the encouragement and compliment !!
all the best to you too !

massa

Banned
Reaction score
You have it wrong Finasteride is more about maintenance than regrowth, its an AA so it will most likely keep what you have right now. If you did want regrowth then minoxidil would work in addition to finasteride but only topically not orally as you wouldn't just regrow hair on your head but elsewhere too plus oral minoxidil is very bad for your heart and blood pressure.

RU can be used as well but only if you believe finasteride isn't working in stopping your hair loss. Looking at your pictures id say finasteride should be enough for you at this stage

charasi

Reaction score
You have it wrong Finasteride is more about maintenance than regrowth, its an AA so it will most likely keep what you have right now. If you did want regrowth then minoxidil would work in addition to finasteride but only topically not orally as you wouldn't just regrow hair on your head but elsewhere too plus oral minoxidil is very bad for your heart and blood pressure.

RU can be used as well but only if you believe finasteride isn't working in stopping your hair loss. Looking at your pictures id say finasteride should be enough for you at this stage

ok i c, thanks for clearing that !
and one more thing, its been almost a month since i begain takin finasteride,
and my hair r falling like ive never seen before, like 200 hair approx
so should i just continue as i read somewhere, it is normal on finasteride.
or should i add dutasteride as once per week dose to increase effectiveness and preserve aggressively what i have now
(coz its a very cruical time for me to combat hairloss, considering that my dad too lost hair around this age)

your views ??

Hari

Reaction score
Just continue. I started finasteride on apr14 and within month many small hairs grown in temples then the shedding started in next month and continued for 2-3 months. Now regrowing but still shedding is there. Have to wait to see better regrowth