Missed three days of meds and libido soared?

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what happened today. My libido was sky high. I then realised I missed three days due to forgetting meds when going out of town. I guess this means I suffer from sides. The good news is that it comes back when you stop meds. Or the L arginine is doing a good job. Anyone else have this happen?

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try it soon, I feel like my libido has gone down, but there's only one way to be sure...

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
This is how I found out about my sides. I never suspected it was the Finasteride... I had taken it for 3 years and the libido gradually wound down.

andycap

Reaction score
Maybe it was the absence of finasteride, but in my own personal experiences my libido can be different each day.. always has been? Some days your just horny as f*** and other days you aint interested, prolly tired, mind on other things... could be a whole number of factors other than finasteride to consider.

astral week

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah this happened to me on like 3 occasions. I don't know whether it really was the finasteride or if it was all in my head, but I def got hornier. back then I was still horny anyway, but not taking it for 2-3 days gave me a boost. like bubka says dht takes awhile to leave your system, but SOMETHING was up. And i really don't think it was in my head, my libido wasn't a matter of concern whatsoever. as long as i was getting laid . . . not so much anymore :jackit:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
bubka said:
no way man, your DHT levels are virtually unchanged even after 3 days of no finasteride in your system

That is correct. Psycological affect might be the cause of sudden libido change.

powersam

Reaction score
another thing to remember is that in the transition periods ie/ when starting meds and when stopping them you'll often get a bit of a hormone rollercoaster. so your libido might go up and down for a little while.

i wouldnt take this little experience as proof that you are getting sides. if you were, you would have noticed it while on the meds.

cal

Established Member
Reaction score
The rollercoaster comment is true.

However that doesn't mean that you definitely aren't getting sides too.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
bubka said:
no way man, your DHT levels are virtually unchanged even after 3 days of no finasteride in your system

That is correct. Psycological affect might be the cause of sudden libido change.

That is untrue... half life is 8 hours. DHT levels aren't back to the normal range until 4 days later, but they do increase. And you don't need much DHT for good libido. So for someone having side effects, a little bump can mean a lot.

bubka

Reaction score
GRAPH8.GIF

RaginDemon

Reaction score
bubka said:

thats definitely a true statement, missing 3 days of finasteride wont affect your DHT level in your body.

If one wants to try, give it 15 days, and see if libido goes sky high.

vidareal

Reaction score
Actually stopping finasteride for a few days can have a dramatic effect. My girlfriend lives in a different country and sub-consciously i find myself not taking the finasteride a few days prior to meeting her. I do then have an increased libido but not so far as i would be too concerned if i had not stopped my dose. But it is a side effect nonetheless but as the year grew on (on finasteride for a year now) the lib side effect lessened enough not to be a worry any more.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I guess its different from person to person.

I personaly believe that finasteride will affect your libido, but a short absence of finasteride (less than 2 weeks) won't make any difference.