Missed finasteride for a week. Now shedding...

TwoGoats

Reaction score
Hey there!

Have been on finasteride just a little bit over a year now. My initial balding was quite bad as seen from my journey post - http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/87569-My-journey-getting-my-curls-back-Big-3

My progress has been really good and I love my hair right right.

12170444_933060470094399_1453989828_n.jpg12178014_933060473427732_1484249901_n.jpg

The thing is that I was off finasteride for a week because I ran out of it. I started immediately taking it again after it and it has been three weeks since of it. But since then I have shedded hair and every time I come out of shower I see hair in my hands.

As much I have found and read, then the DHT levels should go back to normal after two weeks when being off finasteride. The thing is that I am really worried right now because of the shedding. Has anyone else have had something similar happened to them? Will it go back to normal or what's the thoughts here? Any chance that because I went off for finasteride for a week it doesn't work anymore? I don't really want to wait too long before it's late.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i think your hair follicles are telling you to not run out of finasteride again or else. Actually you have a wonderful head of hair so don't worry about this, a little shedding is not going to hurt you. It will grow back. With the half life of finasteride it may be why this happened so quickly.

TwoGoats

Reaction score
i think your hair follicles are telling you to not run out of finasteride again or else. Actually you have a wonderful head of hair so don't worry about this, a little shedding is not going to hurt you. It will grow back. With the half life of finasteride it may be why this happened so quickly.

Thank you for the kind words!

The funny thing is that it has lasted already about 3 weeks, How much you think I should wait before considering something else?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 week shouldnt matter. DHT levels take up to 7 days to come back to baseline. You're likely imagining things.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TwoGoats stay on finasteride, and don't worry about the shedding. Just don't miss any more doses.

Derpicus

Established Member
Reaction score
1 week shouldnt matter. DHT levels take up to 7 days to come back to baseline. You're likely imagining things.

As hellhouser stated a week wouldn't matter when it comes to shedding from finasteride. You might just be going through a seasonal shed is what I would guess.

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
Lots of Doctor say you can miss fina for a month or more and still not have a problem