Missed a day, should I take twice as much the next day?

bustabucket

Established Member
Reaction score
Apologies for the stupid short question that's probably already been asked.

I take 1.25mg a day. If I miss a day, should I then take 2.5mg the next day?

By the way, we really need a "stupid/small propecia questions thread".

bustabucket

Established Member
Reaction score
Excellent, thank you. Any particular reason why? Does it have to do with the absorption rate of the chemical?

Pondle

Reaction score
After a single dose of finasteride, it takes several days for DHT levels to return to baseline, even though the drug itself is out of your system in a matter of hours. Doubling the dose makes little difference to the DHT inhibition.

Fincurve.jpg

RaginDemon

Reaction score
just ignore it, dont over dose.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
flimflam said:
No.

And that goes for pretty much any medication or treatment you're on.

Well, there's one obvious exception to that general rule: dutasteride! :)

paximperia

Established Member
Reaction score
No. Rapidly fluctuating levels of finasteride will probably do more harm than good.

The way I see it, if lowering DHT levels causes a shed before hair regrows, then you may shed but never regrow the hairs if you double dose, because the DHT levels go back up once you resume normal dosing. On the other hand, if the DHT levels aren't changing much, then there is no point to double dosing in the first place.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
paximperia said:
No. Rapidly fluctuating levels of finasteride will probably do more harm than good.

As I pointed out to you once before, you will have rapidly fluctuating levels of finasteride even if you take it every single day!

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
paximperia said:

The way I see it, if lowering DHT levels causes a shed before hair regrows, then you may shed but never regrow the hairs if you double dose, because the DHT levels go back up once you resume normal dosing. On the other hand, if the DHT levels aren't changing much, then there is no point to double dosing in the first place.

dude...everything you just said is false.