Minoxodil Rogaine 5% or Generic Minoxodil 5% differencies ??

Discussion in 'Growth Stimulants - Rogaine, Minoxidil, Tricomin,' started by speed6, Jul 24, 2006.

1. speed6

speed6 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Dear all could you please tell me what is the difference between Minoxodil Rogaine 5% or Generic Minoxodil 5%

Thanks for looking

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Mostly the same.The Equate minoxidil that Wal-Mart sells is just as good as the name brand Rogaine, for example.

I mean some minoxidils may be different than the Rogaine but a lot of the generics are pretty similar.

3. Thinning

Thinning Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Rogaine has more PPG so it has a longer shelf life.

4. beaner

beaner Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Incorrect...all over the counter generic 5% minoxidil...Rogaine, Kirkland, Walmart, etc. all have the exact same same ratio of alcohol/PPG which is 30% alcohol/50% PPG.

5. jimothy

jimothy Junior Member

Dislikes Received:
    People seem unecessarily wary of generics.

There isn't really any saving to be made by companies producing generics to use inferior ingredients. It's just as cheap to use the real stuff. Generics all tend to be the same, or at least very close chemically to the medicine or ointment they are copying.

6. speed6

speed6 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    So what do you guys suggest as the generic is far cheaper than the rogaine one

7. beaner

beaner Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Well, since the formulas and effectiveness are identical, it would only make sense to go with the generic.

8. CCS

CCS Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    not that I want to hurt sales for this wonderful site where i got so educated, but this site does not sell generic minoxidil. there are a few other things that bother me, but they are more minor.

and i've been using equate minoxidil, and when I actually use it consistently, it is powerful. i saw temple hair come and go twice when I got on and off it. and some fuzz is coming back now. i could not find it at walmart last time I went and am now looking for other sources. i'm getting cheap about minoxidildirect.com's $7 shipping and am thinking about riding my bike up to walmart again to see if they have more, and just calling that a workout.

9. TAINTED-MEAT

TAINTED-MEAT Member

Dislikes Received:
    if you go generic, then you have more money to spend on other hair loss treatments :hairy:

10. ShedMaster

ShedMaster Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
  11. techprof

techprof Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    sams club sells members mark 5% minox 4 bottles 2 oz each for $19.95 ( 4month supply)