Minoxodil Rogaine 5% or Generic Minoxodil 5% differencies ??

speed6

Reaction score
Dear all could you please tell me what is the difference between Minoxodil Rogaine 5% or Generic Minoxodil 5%

Thanks for looking

G

Mostly the same.The Equate minoxidil that Wal-Mart sells is just as good as the name brand Rogaine, for example.

I mean some minoxidils may be different than the Rogaine but a lot of the generics are pretty similar.

beaner

Reaction score
Thinning said:
Rogaine has more PPG so it has a longer shelf life.

Incorrect...all over the counter generic 5% minoxidil...Rogaine, Kirkland, Walmart, etc. all have the exact same same ratio of alcohol/PPG which is 30% alcohol/50% PPG.

jimothy

Reaction score
People seem unecessarily wary of generics.

There isn't really any saving to be made by companies producing generics to use inferior ingredients. It's just as cheap to use the real stuff. Generics all tend to be the same, or at least very close chemically to the medicine or ointment they are copying.

beaner

Reaction score
speed6 said:
So what do you guys suggest as the generic is far cheaper than the rogaine one

Well, since the formulas and effectiveness are identical, it would only make sense to go with the generic.

CCS

Reaction score
not that I want to hurt sales for this wonderful site where i got so educated, but this site does not sell generic minoxidil. there are a few other things that bother me, but they are more minor.

and i've been using equate minoxidil, and when I actually use it consistently, it is powerful. i saw temple hair come and go twice when I got on and off it. and some fuzz is coming back now. i could not find it at walmart last time I went and am now looking for other sources. i'm getting cheap about minoxidildirect.com's $7 shipping and am thinking about riding my bike up to walmart again to see if they have more, and just calling that a workout.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
if you go generic, then you have more money to spend on other hair loss treatments :hairy:

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sams club sells members mark 5% minoxidil 4 bottles 2 oz each for $19.95 ( 4month supply)