minoxidl giving me eye wrinkles

live1

Reaction score
hi im really worried about this ,ive been using minoxidl kirkland liquid twice a day o.5ml per application .with good results ,but ive noticed under my right eye deep wrinkles .that were not there 2 months ago,i dont have any wrinkles on my face ,apart from my right eye .ive quit minoxidl 2 days ago ,when will the wrinkles go .i look like my eyes aged 5 years in 2 months ,what can i do as it was growing bk my hairloss .help please

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Could it be dehydration, weight loss or something like that?

live1

Reaction score
i lift weights and drink a gallon a day of water.should i jump bk on minoxidl once a day ,but stay off it this week,to see if my eye improves

columbo

Reaction score
I would suggest that that is what is known as coincidence. You said you have had good results on the minoxidil? then stop at your own peril!

I dont think the minoxidil has anything whatsoever to do with your eye wrinkles.

live1

Reaction score
ive not used it in nearly 3 days ,does any1 think i should get back on at once or twice a day.and u think these sudden winkles are no way possible from minoxidl.will having this time off minoxidl and nizoral affect my gains.

ps ive never shed on minoxidl or even before treatment

columbo

Reaction score
I personally would get back on the minoxidil asap but that is your choice if you are worried.

robotsex

Reaction score
I've dealt withe minoxidil side effects quit a bit from liquid and from foam and what I think is that for some minoxidil causes bloating and water retention in the face, which exaggerated the appearance of the slight wrinkes you may already have in your face. I'm quite confident this is what is happening with me as well.

My advice is this...try reducing the dose if possible, apply to dry scalp etc. Try stoping for 5 days like you said you were going to see and see if that does anything. I know how frustrating this is, but the other thing to keep in mind is these wrinkles may have been there already and you weren't looking for them until you heard minoxidil can cause wrinkles in your face. This happened with me as well. The mind is unusually powerful in this regard so be skeptical. Also, I guarantee NO ONE notices this stuff. I have to say this to you as much for me to hear it as you ;).

I've recently cut down to .5 ML at crown 2x a day to try and reduce swelling in face. It's such a delicate balancing act. ARGH!

Petchsky

Reaction score
columbo said:
I would suggest that that is what is known as coincidence. You said you have had good results on the minoxidil? then stop at your own peril!

I dont think the minoxidil has anything whatsoever to do with your eye wrinkles.

Tu shay!

minoxidil may cause bloating or dark circles around the eyes, but wrinkles? New one on me and i've been surfing hairloss boards since 2002.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Can these wrinkles and dark circles be permanent, if I've been using minoxidil for 2 years already? Are they curable?
Thanks!

live1

Reaction score
wrinkles from rogaine are permanent ,ive beenoff for ages and are the same,bloated face and dark circles will probably go if u quit.but ive even uses wrinkles cream with no luck.are u using foam or liquid ?