Minoxidilmax Which Of Them To Use Is There Any Difference?

Michealdra

My Regimen
Reaction score
Which one of the the products should i go for, since the maxogen x is twice the prize as the dualgen 15 plus do you guys think there is a difference in efficacy?

DualGen-15 NO PG Plus
MAIN INGREDIENTS
Minoxidil 15.0%

Finasteride 0.1% (1mg of finasteride in 1 mL)

Azelaic acid 5.0%

ABN ComplexTM (0.80%)

Retinol 0.025%

Caffeine 0.001%

or Maxogen - X
MAIN INGREDIENTS
Minoxidil.....................7.0% (70 mg*)

Finasteride...............0.15% (1.5 mg*)

Azelaic Acid.................1.5% (15mg*)

ABN ComplexTM ........0.8% (8.0 mg*)

Retinoic Acid (aka, Tretinoin)......0.025% (0.25 mg*)

Fluocinolone............0.01% (0.1 mg*)

Caffeine:.............0.001% (0.01 mg*)

Chronic Tronic

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what it says for me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200119-015253_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200119-015253_Chrome.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 312

Has

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a new member just opened an account to see if there are any people in this forum who also use maxogen-x.
I've started 5 weeks ago with maxogen-x my main reason for buying maxogen-x instead of DualGen-15 NO PG Plus is convenience (applying something 1 day is easy to continue).
- maxogen-x contains tretinoïn some studies imply that combining minoxidil with tretinoïn (skin penetrating)has the same effect as using minoxidil 2 times a day.
- maxogen-x has 50% more finasteride so more finasteride to reduce DHT in the scalp however also 50% more finasteride systemically compared to DualGen-15 NO PG Plus. So I if get side affects I will reduce the dosage to 0.75ml or 0.5ml a day.
- maxogen-x contains fluocinolone this is a corticosteroïd that can help against itching, redness, dryness, crusting, scaling, inflammation, and discomfort. I might benefit from this in the longterm.

I am 32 years old my hairline is Norwood-1 but my hair started to thin a little bit diffusely since 2 years ago.
I haven't had any side effects from maxogen-x yet however, it's a topical so I might expect side effects in a later stadium.

Chronic Tronic

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, i didnt see that product on their site... i can only apply once per day so i bought the dualgen 15 plus and the dualgen 5r (with retinoic acid) and i mix them together and apply once at night...

Maxogen-x is probably the same as doing that. On the description page they say the 15 plus is more effective than maxogen-x because you use it in conjunction with a lower strength product for a total of 2 applications per day. And that maxogen is mainly for convenience with still good results, but still better to use something spaced out twice per day

Oh by the way i was able to order their restricted products by just sending them an email.

Last edited:

Has

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, i didnt see that product on their site... i can only apply once per day so i bought the dualgen 15 plus and the dualgen 5r (with retinoic acid) and i mix them together and apply once at night...

Maxogen-x is probably the same as doing that. On the description page they say the 15 plus is more effective than maxogen-x because you use it in conjunction with a lower strength product for a total of 2 applications per day. And that maxogen is mainly for convenience with still good results, but still better to use something spaced out twice per day

Oh by the way i was able to order their restricted products by just sending them an email.

convenience is what matters in the longterm
if you want to keep the gains you need to use the product for the rest of your life
to me it matters a lot using 1/day instead of 2/day for the rest of my life

Michealdra

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a new member just opened an account to see if there are any people in this forum who also use maxogen-x.
I've started 5 weeks ago with maxogen-x my main reason for buying maxogen-x instead of DualGen-15 NO PG Plus is convenience (applying something 1 day is easy to continue).
- maxogen-x contains tretinoïn some studies imply that combining minoxidil with tretinoïn (skin penetrating)has the same effect as using minoxidil 2 times a day.
- maxogen-x has 50% more finasteride so more finasteride to reduce DHT in the scalp however also 50% more finasteride systemically compared to DualGen-15 NO PG Plus. So I if get side affects I will reduce the dosage to 0.75ml or 0.5ml a day.
- maxogen-x contains fluocinolone this is a corticosteroïd that can help against itching, redness, dryness, crusting, scaling, inflammation, and discomfort. I might benefit from this in the longterm.

I am 32 years old my hairline is Norwood-1 but my hair started to thin a little bit diffusely since 2 years ago.
I haven't had any side effects from maxogen-x yet however, it's a topical so I might expect side effects in a later stadium.
I just ordered more minoxidil max but the dualgen15 No pg , i just thought the difference was it has lower finasteride but more minoxidil and the price is half as much as maxogen x. I combine with a topical formula i made with azelaic acid, egcg, dihydroquercetin, liquid nano curcumin.
Iam also 32, but norwood 4, never tried any pharmaceuticals before but now i am more then desperate..

Michealdra

My Regimen
Reaction score

i think the maxogen and dualgen contain the same amount of retinoic acid?

Chronic Tronic

My Regimen
Reaction score
Retinoic acid is what helps with absorption through the layers of the epidermis. Retinol is not retinoic acid but the body converts it to retinoic acid after absorption. Confusing i know.

You should be able to combine the two products, i've considered it too. I tried minoxidil 5% (once per day) for 6 months with no results but after using 15% (once per day) am seeing tons of tiny white vellus hairs all over in front of my hairline after just a few weeks.. but i wouldnt recommend using so much minoxidil. It would be overkill and your skin will most likely become hyper desensitized to minoxidil at that high strength/frequency so you will always need to use such a high concentration of minoxidil to maintain effectiveness. I"m only guessing so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What if I just get this stuff to start? Has anyone used this and found results? I am 26 NW2-2.5 hairline is slowly starting to thin out. Thank you

Attachments

• FB65CD1D-69B5-47CC-A64B-E482023A0F4D.png
    FB65CD1D-69B5-47CC-A64B-E482023A0F4D.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 159