Minoxidil

Sativa

Reaction score
My hairline was receeding rapidly a couple of years ago. Hairloss stopped when i jumped on 0.5mg propecia. So now i'm thinking of starting adding minoxidil on the hairline and see if i can grow some density.(Also considering an FUE hairtransplant, but giving Rogaine a shot first)
I read something about another brand of minoxidil that was a lot cheaper than Rogaine. How much cheaper is it? And how much does Rogaine even cost? Can this be bought over the internet?

I have small white hairs all along my hairline. Hoping minoxidil will maybe grow the f*** out of these hairs! But where there is no hair, is it even realistic to assume hair will start to grow there again? Like, further down the hairline. Probably lost the hairs 3-4 years ago. Are the follicles dead by now?

I know this post has a lot of questions, but just answer as best you can even if you cant answer them all. :)

findmyhair

Reaction score
I use Kirkland Signiture 5% topical liquid less than £20 for 3 months supply. Might change to Spectral UH 5% thats less than £20 for 3 months supply. exactly the same as regain. Kirkland has just started doing foam too, loads cheaper than regain/rogain

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil can grow hair anywhere it is applied, but works better in certain areas. it can work in the hairline too but results can be varied. also depends on how severe your hair loss already is and how long you have been losing it for.
i apply minoxidil everywhere.
i say you should give it a shot, you sound like you got nothing to lose.
good luck.

Sativa

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!
Where do you guys buy your Kirkland/Cheap minoxidil? I think a months supply of rogaine/regaine costs about 65€ where I live.

http://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Minoxidil-Strength-Regrowth-Supply/dp/B002VLZHLI

$27.80 or around 22€ for 6 months??? is this the real deal? I have no experience whatsoever with amazon, but it seems they ship to where I live, The Faroe Islands. So is this the real thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone? I'm waiting for confirmation so that i can order it. I want to start minoxidil ASAP.

If that link isn't legit, where do you buy your minoxidil? Or do you perhaps know of a site that ships to The Faroe Islands(Scandinavia) ?

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!
Where do you guys buy your Kirkland/Cheap minoxidil? I think a months supply of rogaine/regaine costs about 65€ where I live.

http://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Minoxidil-Strength-Regrowth-Supply/dp/B002VLZHLI

$27.80 or around 22€ for 6 months??? is this the real deal? I have no experience whatsoever with amazon, but it seems they ship to where I live, The Faroe Islands. So is this the real thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone? I'm waiting for confirmation so that i can order it. I want to start minoxidil ASAP.

If that link isn't legit, where do you buy your minoxidil? Or do you perhaps know of a site that ships to The Faroe Islands(Scandinavia) ?

I buy mine off ebay. But if you want to be on Minoxidil ASAP and are not sure where to buy or which one to go for, why not try rogaine/regaine? you can get them from any pharmacies. It's quite expensive but you can just get a month supply and use it while deciding..

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
My hairline was receeding rapidly a couple of years ago. Hairloss stopped when i jumped on 0.5mg propecia. So now i'm thinking of starting adding minoxidil on the hairline and see if i can grow some density.(Also considering an FUE hairtransplant, but giving Rogaine a shot first)
I read something about another brand of minoxidil that was a lot cheaper than Rogaine. How much cheaper is it? And how much does Rogaine even cost? Can this be bought over the internet?

I have small white hairs all along my hairline. Hoping minoxidil will maybe grow the f*** out of these hairs! But where there is no hair, is it even realistic to assume hair will start to grow there again? Like, further down the hairline. Probably lost the hairs 3-4 years ago. Are the follicles dead by now?

I know this post has a lot of questions, but just answer as best you can even if you cant answer them all. :)

The cheapest Kirkland can be bought here:
http://www.kirkland-minoxidil.co.uk/

I buy there regularly.

And as for your thoughts about the addition of minoxidil, here are some results achieved by the finasteride+minoxidil combo:
http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medical-treatment/patient-photos/