minoxidil works only a couple of years??

tuco80

Reaction score
i've juste read it on a website...is it true? :freaked:
minoxidil works for me but if it works only a couple of years...... :sobbing: why do we use it?

can't we make the effect work longer? (using msm, tricomin, etc....?)

i thought it was working at least 5 years, and then the fall start again but more slowly than without traitment...

can you confirm the life time of effectivness of minoxidil please?

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
so long as you keep using it youll keep any hair it has grown :)

ZYTAN

Reaction score
Do they sell Minoxidil by it self, or one has to buy rogain that contains it? Thanks.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ZYTAN said:
Do they sell Minoxidil by it self, or one has to buy rogain that contains it? Thanks.

You can buy Minoxidil tablets, trademark "Loniten".

Don't be tempted to eat them. Although you would grow plenty of hair if you did, it messes with your heart function so isn't advisable.

bathtbgin

Reaction score
tuco80 said:
i've juste read it on a website...is it true? :freaked:
minoxidil works for me but if it works only a couple of years...... :sobbing: why do we use it?

can't we make the effect work longer? (using msm, tricomin, etc....?)

i thought it was working at least 5 years, and then the fall start again but more slowly than without traitment...

can you confirm the life time of effectivness of minoxidil please?

I forget where i read it (think it was on the actual box of rogaine) but it mentioned something about a year. However they were referring to regrowth effectiveness. Meaning the following, Your hair will continue to improve untill around a year after you start using rogaine. After a year however rogaine is done regrowing your hair, and all it does from then on is prevents you from loosing what you've got.

ZYTAN said:
If you are asking do they make a generic form of minoxodil than yes. I buy my rogaine at CVS pharmacy, they have CVS minoxodil right next to the brand name Rogaine. I believe Wal Mart has their own generic as well.

loosingItFast

Reaction score
After one year of using say rogaine foam twice a day to get the maximum regrowth possible. Would you be able to drop to one application a day and maintain the hair you grew?

bathtbgin

Reaction score
saucemcbrolock said:
is this because the hair cycle is about a year?

To be honest i dont know, and i'm not the people at phizer do either. They still dont know exactly why rogaine makes you regrow hair they just know it does.

loosingItFast said:
After one year of using say rogaine foam twice a day to get the maximum regrowth possible. Would you be able to drop to one application a day and maintain the hair you grew?

I suppose you could try cutting down the dosage to once a day, but they do say twice a day for a reason. So unless you are having side effects i would advise against messing with something that you know is working.