Minoxidil Works On The Very Short Term?

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil once a day for 4 years, and there's one thing I've noticed:
Those days I do not apply it in the night, the next day my hair looks and feels so much thinner, as if minoxidil boost hairs thickness for the next hours.
For this reason I'm really scared of having to quit minoxidil for whatever reason in the future.
Do you agree?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil once a day for 4 years, and there's one thing I've noticed:
Those days I do not apply it in the night, the next day my hair looks and feels so much thinner, as if minoxidil boost hairs thickness for the next hours.
For this reason I'm really scared of having to quit minoxidil for whatever reason in the future.
Do you agree?

Are you using foam or liquid?

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this is to do with how the liquid reacts to your hair texture, much like if you were to apply a different hair product on your hair the night before...your hair would again feel different. Not related to the growth effect that continued use of minoxidil provides.

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Make sure your scalp is well cleaned from sebum and flakes every time you use minoxidil. Sometimes minoxidil loses its effectiveness when the scalp is clogged up

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this is to do with how the liquid reacts to your hair texture, much like if you were to apply a different hair product on your hair the night before...your hair would again feel different. Not related to the growth effect that continued use of minoxidil provides.
This is the correct answer. Minoxidil gains will fade after a few months of discontinued use. They won’t fade after a day or so. It’s probably the vehicle. I don’t like the greasiness of PG but my hair has a little more volume when I’m on it. It’s probably really just build up.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been on Minoxidil for 10+ years. Last three years been using Minoxidil 5% with Azelaic Acid. I apply the product pretty regularly (at least once a day). I did experience some thinning on the crown and some visible recession on the hairline, I had a transplant done in between which has helped preserve my look.

For those who experience undesirable side effects from Finasteride, I would strongly recommend Minoxidil. It is the best we have got.

jazz1

Reaction score
I been on Minoxidil for 10 years and still working strong, I use consistently and always wash my scalp with cleanser and shampoo to make sure there’s no clogged pores from hard sebum etc.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I been on Minoxidil for 10 years and still working strong, I use consistently and always wash my scalp with cleanser and shampoo to make sure there’s no clogged pores from hard sebum etc.
Were you on Propecia?

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just started minoxidil foam again. The Kirkland foam as it is 90% similar to rogaine foam but cheaper. Been using bakers p and s liquid which is amazing at removing dandruff, dermatitis, and any other gunk. On top of that using scalpicin to suppress the inflammation caused by the increase of prostaglandins. Hope I can say the same as some in 10 years.

jazz1

Reaction score
For how long did you use minoxidil only?

5 years on 5%, been total 15 years with combination of 5% and 15%. The key thing I learned is derma rolling and cleansing the scalp not with a shampoo but a cleanser daily.