Minoxidil working and not working at the same time ...?!!

BackSoThickHoesWantTheTip

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive been applying rogain foam on my temples for the past 8 months, my temples are still receding but its working...? theres a bunch of tint hairs in my temple area, anyone know the answer to this?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 271

g.i joey

Reaction score
Ive been applying rogain foam on my temples for the past 8 months, my temples are still receding but its working...? theres a bunch of tint hairs in my temple area, anyone know the answer to this?

It's good that you've realized that. Minix does not address the root of hair loss (DHT) it's a growth stimulant so it'll help hairs grower quicker and better and maybe bring back some miniaturized hair at best but it doesn't stop the process one bit. All t could do is offset some new growth. So while the gains you're making on minoxidil are temporary (2-5 years) the hairs you're losing to DHT are permanent.

BackSoThickHoesWantTheTip

Established Member
Reaction score
It's good that you've realized that. Minix does not address the root of hair loss (DHT) it's a growth stimulant so it'll help hairs grower quicker and better and maybe bring back some miniaturized hair at best but it doesn't stop the process one bit. All t could do is offset some new growth. So while the gains you're making on minoxidil are temporary (2-5 years) the hairs you're losing to DHT are permanent.
im also on Finasteride, for the past 8 months, i was hoping this would stop my hairloss. guess i was wrong :/

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score

I disagree... If minoxidil can reverse miniaturization, then the drug can clearly prevent miniaturization. Of course the drug will lose effectiveness over the long run (5+ years) but honestly, 5 years above baseline without messing with my body's chemistry is pretty great. Plus, there will be better treatments in the 2019-2020 area (hopefully). I'm sticking with minoxidil alone for now, as I am way above baseline (been on it for 8 months).