minoxidil worked for me

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Woke up this morning...saw myself in the mirror...hair was dense...wind was calm...so thought of having a hair cut...since it had been 4 mths i din hv any...and while the barber was cutting my hair..i could definitely see improvement in thickness and density....and finally today i had a better hair cut than all my last few ones .
All my last few hair cuts hv been a total horror...but i know now minoxidil has definitely helped.
So my opinion is that treatments DO work....just give them time...and stick to it.
:)

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Good to hear nexus. I modified your subject title to something more noticeable ;-)

HairLossTalk.com

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Nice..And with Generic 5% minoxidil TWICE a day...Awesome :D

Hair2dayGone2morrow

Reaction score
Yes but the bad thing is walking around with greasy hair for 2 hours waiting for the minoxidil to dry... everyday for the rest of your life.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
Me too. I've trimmed my hair down to 9 mm from 16 mm just to make sure and it is becoming really dense.

Coming up on month 6 for me. Good responder as well.

Now if my finasteride would show up I'll be totally set.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
PS

I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about when you say "Greasy head for 2 hours"

I use generic minoxidil. Albertsons brand.

It's dried in about 20 - 30 mins at that point is completely dried and un greasy.

You guys are smoking crack or using some really bad minoxidil.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Teetering on the edge said:
I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about when you say "Greasy head for 2 hours"

I don't get it either. 45 minutes then it's dry on my scalp and I blow dry my hair.
In those 45 minutes I shave, sh*t, Eat breakfast, brush my teeth, take the dogs out and get dressed. So the only extra time I need is the 5-10 minutes it takes to apply the stuff.

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well then you guys have never used kirkland. Any minoxidil w/PG @ 50% v/v is going to be greasy and my own experience with Kirkland is that it leaves your hair greasy until you wash it again. That is why I only apply one application/day at night.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
Well then..

maybe if you got the stuff on your SCALP instead of in your hair you'd be alright. Also switch to a brand that isn't greasy, lol.

I use 5% and have no problems with it at all.

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about?

1) How can you claim that putting minoxidil on your scalp will stop your
hair getting greasy - i.e. diffuse thinners?
2) Why should I switch to a brand that isn't greasy? Like I said I only
use it at night - so it's not a problem. I'm making a legitimate point
that Kirkland minoxidl is very greasy as everyone will allude too.
However its not necessary to switch to Lee's if you only use 1/day at
night. Get it?
3) Are you stupid? Seriously.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Red Rose said:
What are you talking about?

1) How can you claim that putting minoxidil on your scalp will stop your
hair getting greasy - i.e. diffuse thinners?
2) Why should I switch to a brand that isn't greasy? Like I said I only
use it at night - so it's not a problem. I'm making a legitimate point
that Kirkland minoxidl is very greasy as everyone will allude too.
However its not necessary to switch to Lee's if you only use 1/day at
night. Get it?

well I just checked and the ingredients and percentages in Kirkland and Rogaine are identical Alcohol (30%v/v), Propylene Glycol (50%v/v), Purified Water.....Still only takes 45 for it to dry for me.I wonder how it could be greasier than Rogaine.....Anyone???

As far as the other poster saying get it on the scalp instead of hair, there is truth to this. I'm a diffuse thinner and can say the first month or two of applying minoxidil was a little tricky and a lot got in my hair instead of on the scalp. I'm now a pro at it and still get some in my hair but it's minimal. Just takes practice.

Ty 2-3 hours?? I guess drying times vary from person to person.

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Good to hear nexus. I modified your subject title to something more noticeable ;-)

HairLossTalk.com

Thanks HairLossTalk.com, minoxidil has definitely thickened and improved the hair line, but my aim is the fill in the bald temples. The vellous hair dont seem to grow out.
I am hoping that the maximum effect of minoxidil will only come after the 2 year mark period.

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair2dayGone2morrow said:
Yes but the bad thing is walking around with greasy hair for 2 hours waiting for the minoxidil to dry... everyday for the rest of your life.

I dont think it takes 2 hours to dry. I was on Rogaine for a month, and yea..that took like 1-2 hrs to dry completely, but the generic one which I am using right now, dries in like 20-30 minutes and doesnt leave that white powdery stuff, which Rogaine did. I think the credit goes to Nizoral too.
Nizoral is a good investment, my hair and scalp feels good...and its supposedly helping in fighting male pattern baldness. I use it like twice a week, and its been over 3 months now, the 100ml bottle still has a bit of nizoral left inside it. :)