Minoxidil without Propylene Glycol?

crackcity101

Reaction score
Any1 know where i can get minoxidil solution without propylene glycol? I started using cvs rogaine for about 3 months and it worked amazingly but then i started getting redness on my skin and irritation and now it just makes my hair worse. I tried rogaine foam but it didnt work. I hear propylene glycol causes this and alot of people used dr lees and minoxidilmax before but now they are out of business. Thank you

psyhotria

Banned
Reaction score
I can go to a local pharmacy and can let them put together the solution according to my wishes. For about twice the price of the cheapest minoxidil that I can buy. Maybe you can try that?

crackcity101

Reaction score
Thanks for replying to my post bro and I am going to try that. But im wondering what ingredients do you tell them to put into the solution? Does it need a perscription? And how has it been working for you?

The_Mentalist

Established Member
Reaction score
PG is used so that the solution does not evaporate too fast leaving minoxidil behind on skin surface, not giving minoxidil a chance to absorp into skin. On the other hand, alcohol evaporates fast. You might want to try any alcohol (rubbing alc. etc. available inexpensively) into the solution to see if it works for you. Tinker around the trial and error in small quantities