Minoxidil Withdrawal Symptoms After 3 Years Usage.

michael0990

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced withdrawl symptoms after quitting minoxidil cold turkey? I made the mistake of quitting abruptly and a few days after I experienced some weird effects. Fatigue, dizziness, vision kinda wacky. Is this due to the spike in blood pressure after minoxidil leaves the body? I quit about 2 weeks ago and things seem like they are getting better but slower. I'm also experiencing pressure on the nose bridge, similar pressure right before a nose bleed. Anyone have any similar effects?

I took it for about 3 years at 5% minoxidil. Quit cold turkey recently.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you actually measure your blood pressure before writing you might have high pressure?
What were the measurements like?

michael0990

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes i did. I had a physical early January that measured my bp over the course of a week. And I was also attached to a monitor. I hovered around 130/85. After dropping minoxidil.... a week later bp measures spiked. Im consistently around 145/100. And I was put on medication to lower it because I would have anxiety that at the bp and HR increase.

I also found this article while talking with my doctor. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7359290

acertree

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello Michael, thanks for the post. How long did your symptoms persist for? I have recently stopped after 5 years and am now two weeks later experiencing extreme fatigue-particularly in my legs, combined with dizziness and some malcoordination. It’s been a week and I’m hoping that these symptoms don’t continue for much longer.

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i wouldnt be suprised

im positive it will be gone in a few weeks once your body adapts