Minoxidil With Glycerin In The Uk? Less Sides?

Mark grant

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know a were I can get minoxidil with glycerin in think the ingredients in Kirkland minoxidil have been drying me out. Dry eyes and mouth. Which have stopped since I quit using it. I am thinking of trying a different brand of minoxidil. Thanks for any advice.

Pamela Wilson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Mark,

I have been using "Minoxidil Sulfate 5%" for a while now.

Minoxidil Sulfate is very water soluble making it great for my needs. I don't care for PG too much either.

It's seems to be the only form of minoxidil that works for me.

2 major advantages of minoxidil sulfate is that it is very water soluble, which means it doesn't leave any goopy propylene glycol mess. Also I read the bioavailablity of water based minoxidils are far more superior the propylene glycol based minoxidil topicals.

I did some more reading about Minoxidil sulfate that I found interesting.

I read that regular Minoxidil doesn't work on some individuals because of a lack of a certain naturally produced enzyme on their scalp/skin, & therefore, they will never see any results.

Minoxidil Sulfate takes care of this problem because whether or not the individual has this "enzyme" it will work regardless.

IDK if I can't post links here, even though it is a link to a clinical study showing that water based minoxidil topicals are far more superior. But, the study says:

"The water-soluble minoxidil composition is formulated by mixing minoxidil with polymers and enhancers. The polymers in the composition maintain the solubility of minoxidil in the water-based formula. The enhancers improve the transdermal efficacy of minoxidil in comparison with that of 5% Rogaine. In FIG. 1, the dorsal skins of rat were treated with various water-soluble minoxidil compositions or 5% Rogaine for 1 hour. The intact or decutinized skins were cut, and homogenized. The permeated minoxidil was extracted and analyzed by HPLC. The results indicated the 2% water-soluble minoxidil composition achieved the same penetrating ability as that of 5% Rogaine. In FIG. 2, the 2% water-soluble minoxidil composition, with or without an enhancer for either a 6-hour or 24-hour period, had a greater transdermal enhancement than that of 5% Rogaine."

If you google the quote above you might find the study that I'm talking about.

Take care.

Pam

Pamela Wilson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Mark,

I don't think this site would allow sources to be given out.

Maybe, if you PM me I can tell you (I just got to make sure that is allowed also).

But, I got it from a popular online auction site. (Ebay)

If you search for "Minoxidil Sulfate" it should pop up.

There's also a brand that is sold in the UK, but the brand I use is sold in the USA.

Hope that helped.

Pam