minoxidil While Wife Is Pregnant And Issues

rush4life

Reaction score
Hey guys- tried searching the forums but the search function seems to bring up articles but not from the forum. My story is as such - i have been balding for about a decade - slowly getting worse and worse (been on propecia for the last 8 years or so) when i decided to say "screw it" and tried shaving my head yesterday. I figure while its short i can try using the topicals i had given up on in the past as minoxidil with longer hair was always an issue. The one issue I have is my wife is pregnant - 21 weeks today in fact. So we are only at about half way. I have read that women shouldn't take minoxidil while pregnant but what about me? I realize she isn't touching it directly but my guess is it will get on the pillows - some could get on her as she likes to cozy up close at night etc. Furthermore once the baby is born I am sure it will be spending lots of time in our bed so I wondered about that too. What are your thoughts/experiences/opinions? Cheers!

DKC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Should be fine to use, the minoxidil should dry on your scalp and if applied and waited on properly, it won't spread onto bedding.

You might want to change pillow case regularly and wash just in case. Overall, if a bit of minoxidil was to get to your wife indirectly, it would be unlikely that it would be enough to make a change.