minoxidil-What should i expect

Nickola

Established Member
Reaction score
So as i am heading to NW3,3 months already on propecia 1mg every night before bed with no results ofc,i am thinking about adding minoxidil 5%,specifically Lipogaine a brand that claims to have saw palmetto,biotin and other goodies enstead of minoxidil inside the liquid.
So what should i expect,except the shedding in the begining?
Puffy face?Unexpected body hair?Intense heart beats??BRAIN FOG....WHAT IS IT NOWWWWW

Mehrdad

Reaction score
Do not use Minoxidil as it won't do anything about the real cause of male pattern baldness. At first it'll get rid of your already affected hairs (those which will fall out sooner or later), then some regrowth, But the regrowth isn't permanent as DHT will eventually damage the follicles enough to even Minoxidil couldn't force them to regrow.

1. Stick up to your regime! Finasteride (Propecia) won't do a miracle in a few months (at least 6-months of treatment is needed).
2. Add topical DHT inhibitor to your regime, Like Ketoconazole %2 Shampoo (Nizoral, etc) or Fluridil or Spironolactone (spironolactone 5% Cream/Gel).

Good Luck

Nickola

Established Member
Reaction score
Do not use Minoxidil as it won't do anything about the real cause of male pattern baldness. At first it'll get rid of your already affected hairs (those which will fall out sooner or later), then some regrowth, But the regrowth isn't permanent as DHT will eventually damage the follicles enough to even Minoxidil couldn't force them to regrow.

1. Stick up to your regime! Finasteride (Propecia) won't do a miracle in a few months (at least 6-months of treatment is needed).
2. Add topical DHT inhibitor to your regime, Like Ketoconazole %2 Shampoo (Nizoral, etc) or Fluridil or Spironolactone (spironolactone 5% Cream/Gel).

Good Luck
But many people say that the key on the treatment is minoxidil.I am already using keto shampoo.I just thought that min and finasteride caombines well together for a nice regrowth...even 15% regrowth would be nice for me...Norwood 2.5 seems to be nice for me,no complains at all!
I am 25 years old and i want to enjoy my hair for another couple of years.Then at 27-28,i hope that i will have a great job and a great wife so i will just give up on my baldness and focus on my life